We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant advice needed

montreal
Level Contributor
101 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant advice needed

hi .. im looking for a restaurant with the best view over raouche rocks , also a good lebanese restaurant away from hamra area (ashrafieh ..etc) where i can enjoy the lebanese atmosphere without the touristy feeling .

also as an egyptian , i saw in our movies some great restaurants on the top of hills , they offer a great view of the coastline , my father demanded that i should ask bout these places since he liked it from the movies during late 60's and 70's :))))))

would appreciate any help , thanks a lot in advance

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,283 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant advice needed

Just walk around the cornish you find dozens of good restaurants,cafes and shisha houses offer views over the Rouch Rock along the foreshore These are same ones were featured in many films mid last century .Ah those were the days .

Gaby the DE can give you more specific advice.

Beirut, Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Beirut
Level Contributor
401 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant advice needed

outside beirut on the route to Our lady of Lebanon ( Harissa ) lies a good number of low budget restaurants over looking the jounieh bay

montreal
Level Contributor
101 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant advice needed

thanks all , i just noted the raouche area tip , as for the jounieh coastline , the budget ain't the main concern , like i said , my father wanted me to ask about the restaurants on the hill top tht appeared in the old egyptian movies , i know it might sound funny but thts my father's wish , he was an airforce fighter , he used to see these movies during & after war-time & like : ooohhhhh i will go there one day LOL

anyway thanks for ur feedback , perhaps its easier to ask locals about it face to face when im in lebanon

gaby offered me help with a tour guide last year when i was about to visit lebanon in septemper 2010 but the unrest during tht time postponed the trip to january , yet still our revolution delayed the trip again till next september , but i wasn't so sad bout tht last delay , in fact i was happy :D

montreal
Level Contributor
101 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant advice needed

in fact not only the old movies , these places also appeared in a tv series last ramadan :D :D

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant advice needed

HI,

I don't remember the names of restaurants in Raouche that appeared in Egyptians movies during late 60's and 70's.

Those institutes might help:

Syndicate of Owners of Restaurants in Lebanon: www.syndicate.beirutrestaurants.com

www.beirutrestaurants.com

Regards

6. Re: restaurant advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, October 10, 2012