Has anyone stayed at sky suites, Beirut, Hamra , Bliss Street. Do you recommend and is it in a good location?
I am also interested in staying at this hotel? Has any stayed here? Is it a good place to stay? I am currently booked at the Phoenicia Intercontinental.
I stayed at sky suites for a month (February 2010) and i give it an overall rating of 8/10 as a serviced furnished apartment hotel
I stayed in a one bedroom apartment.
1. the rooms are extremely well furnished; modern, has everything except for a washer, yet they have a small washing room that you can do your own washing (bring your own detergent..)
2. the rooms are very clean, serviced everyday, with towels and all.
3. there is a small decent pool on the roof, and a small gym room in the basement, both do the job for daily exercising.
4. the hotel is located in an excellent position; between Hamra and Bliss streets, hamra is well known for its shops and all, bliss has more restaurants than needed, its also very close to downtown (5 min taxi, 20~30 min walking in a nice area) and ashrafeyyeh is next to downtown, its 10~15 minutes from the sea. YET its exact location is not that good; its located in a dead end street with a construction site right next to it, no see view, rooms windows are not directed towards the see (landscape reasons).
5. the hotel has a paid parking service and security on the entrance.
1. its really expensive; although its much better than normal services apartments in every single way, but 1800$ a month off season and 3600$ on high seasons is really expensive! anf you have to pay extra 100$ for the parking!!!
2. as i said above the exact location is not nice, if you are looking for any kind of nice window view this is not your place.
3. the breakfast is decent (cookies, and bread talks with some milk, juice and hot drinks) thats literally everything.
If you are going there and you managed to get a good price please tell me how!!
This hotel is very bad. even if you call the number at the official Lebanon Hotel web site www.newstepstravel.com/sky_suites_beirut.htm they will tell you sorry we do not deal with them for instability of there prices which effecting our deals with the customers. i called sky suites directly and it real. They give me a satisfactory price when i i called them again on the next day to confirm my booking they said we have increased the prices. I will never deal with them cause they are tricky& risky. Honestly I did not see the hotel. It might be nice from inside but for me finished.Edited: 3:35 am, October 25, 2010
I'm living in a furnished apartment now in Hamra, and i am constantly looking for other options since i am not really comfortable with my apartment.
anyway, if you need other options in this area please let me know! i can send you phone numbers of some places i stayed at.
First thankx for your initiative
al ready I booked in Imperial Suite Hotel in AL Roucha. it's recommended at trip advisor
I booked in the renovated section - what you think? Is it Ok?
Dreadful experience. I stayed here for a month, and had to fight with the management every day about the Internet connection (so slow I had to purchase my own connection), the cleanliness of the apartment (the windows don't have net screens, and the maids always leave the windows open so the apartments are full of mosquitos), the access to the facilities, the sporadic availability of hot water, etc. The manager is an unpleasant woman who shouts at guests regularly, and is was entirely unresponsive to any of my complaints/concerns the whole month I was there. Not to mention the rent - $2,000 and up/month is a New York rent, not a Beirut rent. Don't get ripped off by Sky Suites the way I did. There are many other furnished apartment options in Hamra for much better rent with much better service.
-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html
We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.