We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English 17 year old girl wanting to study in beirut!

sexysugar
1 post
Save Topic
English 17 year old girl wanting to study in beirut!

ok so im 17 years old and from englnad, and my bf is lebanese and living in lebanon, beirut. We have been together for over 1 year now and were really strong together and love eachother, we been travelling on off to see eachother. But now we decided its best we are together together as its not appropiate keep travelling, hes tried uk visa 2 times already and its been refused. Weve spoken to the mp got him to write letter and make inquiries ect and nothnk is working. Ive been over to lebanon few times and i absolutely love it over there, i usually go for a month when i do go but as you can imagine its expensive to keep going back and forth. So ive decided now i really want to study in lebanon. I have finished high school and got 11 gcses. Anyone piont me in the right direction etc it would really help. As much advice and help as possible, also tips like is it safe if i took a taxi on my own over there or not ? etc. And any jobs i could get part time , ideas? i dont speak arabic or french only a little bit

thankyou x

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: English 17 year old girl wanting to study in beirut!

Hello sexysugar,

Of course you can take a taxi by your own, a lot of student return home from university or even from their school using either a taxi or a shared taxi called here "service", and you can work part time in a restaurant if you like while studying arabic in the remaining time but the most important thing is to have legal paper and to extend your lebanese visa once it expires.

Best regards

Gaby

Beirut
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: English 17 year old girl wanting to study in beirut!

hi! if you want to study here you have to apply to study in one of the local universities...you can study in AUB (American University of Beirut) or LAU (Lebanese American University) all the lectures are in english and its easier for the english speakers to enter those unis. plus they have dorms that you can live in and in that way you dont have to move from place to place... as for work... it might be kind of difficult in the first place as you dont know arabic. visit the websites of those unis for infos about admission. once you are accepted you can apply for student visa. take care and good luck.

3. Re: English 17 year old girl wanting to study in beirut!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, November 30, 2009