We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beirut to Israel-best cheap travel method?

NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Beirut to Israel-best cheap travel method?

Hi all,

I will be in Beirut in late May for a study program, but I would like to visit a friend in Tel-Aviv before leaving the region. (Especially since the plane ticket from the US costs so much)

What is the best cheap method of going about this journey? The flight on Royal Jordanian via Amman costs nearly 400 USD and I think that a series of taxis/shared taxis would be less expensive.

Can I be upfront with a taxi driver in Beirut and see if he will drive me through Jordan to the King Hussein Bridge? How much will this cost? And how long will it take? Are there alternatives such as a bus to the crossing?

I would like to avoid Syria, since I would require another visa.

Thank you for your help!

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beirut to Israel-best cheap travel method?

Hi,

To travel to Amman from Beirut you have to pass through Syria, that mean you will need a syrian visa that might be given to you at the Jdeideh syrian border. If you want to avoid this visa you would better go to Amman from Beirut via air.

In any case I will see how much does it cost to travel to Amman from Beirut via land and answer you later on.

Regards

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beirut to Israel-best cheap travel method?

A pullman run by a private company operates from Beirut to Amman every Tuesday Thursday and Saturday

once per day at 07:30 a.m.

Address of the pullman operator:

Transport and Tourism Services

Sami el Solh avenue - Tayouneh Roundabout - Beirut

This journey cost 30USD

Regards

NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beirut to Israel-best cheap travel method?

Thanks for the detailed information Gaby! It makes it much easier to make arrangements in advance.

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beirut to Israel-best cheap travel method?

Cost of a 5 seater car Beirut - Amman:

A 5 seater car will take 40USD per person in case sharing the car with other passengers and 160USD per car per per person in case of renting the whole car.

This type of taxi leaves from "Gare routiere Charles Helou" facing Beirut Port, their terminal is at Abdali taxi and bus station in Amman.

Regards

Beirut
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Beirut to Israel-best cheap travel method?

Hey,

One thing you may need to know is that you won't be able to get back to Lebanon if your passport is stamped with an entry to Israel!

6. Re: Beirut to Israel-best cheap travel method?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, November 16, 2009