We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beirut sightseeing questions

los angeles
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beirut sightseeing questions

I have time constraints for my upcoming day in Beirut. I want to see all of the following in a day.

1. Is it easy to walk to all of these places?

2. If I spend 5-10 minutes at each place, will I be able to see everything in a day.

3. Any suggestions on finding a good map of Beirut so I know how to navigate my walk around Beirut? 4. Any dangerous places to avoid walking in Beirut?

5. Are tourists allowed inside Grand Serail?

6. I have read about taking a cable car to Hrissa. Is that where the big statue of Our lady of Lebanon is?

7. Is Solidere the same thing as Place d'etoile?

Al-Amari mosque

Cardo Maximus

Corniche

Emir Munzer Tannoukhi mosque

Grand Serail

Green Line

Our lady of Lebanon statue

Cable car to Hrissa

Martyr's square and martyr's statue

Mohammed al-amin mosque

Peace monument

Pigeon rocks (along Corniche)

Place d'etoile to see Lebanese parliament building and clock tower

Roman baths

Solidere

St. George's Maronite cathedral

Rue Monot

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
774 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beirut sightseeing questions

Hi Oscar,

You can see most of these places in a day as they ar in walking distance except for Pigeon rocks which ar far up on the corniche from Beirut City Centre(Solidere) and the cable car and visit to Hrissa could be included on your trip to Jeitta and Byblos as it is past Jeitta in Jounnieh.

You can also have a walk around Gemayze there nice old buildings and many restaurants.

For more information browse around the following link:

www.whatsonwhen.com/sisp/index.htm?fx=home

Have a great time walking around, the weather has become very pleasant for walking.

2. Re: Beirut sightseeing questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 pm, October 09, 2009