We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May Visit to Beirut, Damascus and amman

kent
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
May Visit to Beirut, Damascus and amman

Hello All,

We live over in Dubai and are thinking about taking a trip over to Beirut, Damascus and Amman.

We will have 8 days, and looking at other peoples posts I feel it would be possible to spend 3 days in Beirut, drive (taxi) to Damascus for 2 days and then taxi to Amman for 3 days.

One twist to the story is that my Wife will be 4.5 months pregnant so we don't want to be rushing around too much.

All we want to do is chill out is some nice hotels, walk around the shops, do a little sight seeing and try the regional foods. In addition I saw a picture of Byblos seafront in a magasine which looked idylic. How far is this from Beirut and is it worth the trip (or even a night)?

When we get to Jordan I don't think we will have time to get to Petra unfortunately however we would love to go to a dead sea resort for a day.

Any comments on the above itinerary would be very gratefully appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Amman
Amman
Amman Governorate, Jordan
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
9,980 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May Visit to Beirut, Damascus and amman

Hi Wesra,i would do it 2 days Lebanon,2 Jordan and four days Syria.Not that because i live here.But since you are looking for R and R (No need to take taxi)Damascus is the place just stroll along the historic laneways in the old city enjoy the famous restaurants serving exotic Middle Eastern food and sweets and sip Arabic coffee and chai at the famous Nawafeer cafe next to the Omayad Mosque(Tomb of St.John) and stay at Hotels de cahrm (boutique hotels) from the past,renovated 5 stars hotels.like talisman,beitalmamlouka,daralyasmin etc,just google some of these names.I can talk for hours i would rather leave for you to discover the beauty and charm of the old Damas.(Jewel of the Middle East)

Yes you could do Byblous from Beirut less than an hour drive.When in Amman you could do and enjoy a day excursion to Jeresh,Madaba ,Mt,Nebo and the Dead Sea.Any other quetions or detailed itinerary please dont hesitate to ask

syriafullbottle from damascushostel

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
Amman
Amman
Damascus
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: May Visit to Beirut, Damascus and amman

No more to say !

But be sure to get a multiple entry visa to Syria if you are planning to return to Damascus from Jordan.

Enjoy your tour

Mentioned in this post
Syria
Syria
Middle East
Beirut, Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Beirut
Level Contributor
449 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May Visit to Beirut, Damascus and amman

Byblos is a NO miss for sure , u can spend the whole day visiting the citadel and then walk down and shop around the old city of byblos , have a good time .

kent
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May Visit to Beirut, Damascus and amman

Thanks for the responses guys. Those hotels in Damascus look amazing.

Any good ideas for hotels in Beirut and Amman/dead sea?

At the moment I'm thinking of flying into Beirut and out of Amman, do you guys think thats the best way to go.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Amman
Amman
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
9,980 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: May Visit to Beirut, Damascus and amman

Yes an open jaw ticket is the best way to fly but will cost more.

Dead Sea i recommend Kempeniski Resort Hotel.

Amman and Beirut there is plenty choices of five stars hotels,but there is nothing special like the ones in the old city in damascus

syriafullbottle from damascushostel

Mentioned in this post
Amman
Amman
6. Re: May Visit to Beirut, Damascus and amman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, September 25, 2009