We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beirut to Tripoli

4 posts
Save Topic
Beirut to Tripoli

Within the next 3 to 4 days, I would like to travel to Lebanon to complete my exams, however the current security situation is a bit worrying. Can anyone living in Lebanon, particularly Tripoli comment on the current security situation there? Also, are the roads from the Beirut airport to Tripoli safe to travel? Or, is there an airport closer to Tripoli?

Best regards,

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beirut to Tripoli

The opening of Rene Moawad airport in Koleat (North Lebanon) which was supposed to happen last week was for political reasons once more delayed. The first flight which was supposed to take place between Rafic Hariri airport and Rene Moawad airport was consequently cancelled. The official opening of the airport in Koleat is still unknown.

However the road between Beirut airport and Tripoli is safe.

Regards

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beirut to Tripoli

thanks Gaby for your reply

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Beirut to Tripoli

Hello!

Can I get a Visa on Arrival (Indian passport, GCC Resident) in Tripoli at the Ferry crossing? And is the Mersin-Tripoli ferry operational?

Cheers!

Alia.

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beirut to Tripoli

Hello,

There is 2 ferries that operate between Tripoli and Turkey belonging each to different cruise liner.

There is a ferry that leaves Tasucu every Tuesday to Tripoli and then departs from Tripoli to Tasucu every Wednesday. This timetable works between March and October. For this purpose visit the following web site page ferries-turkey.com/ferry-routes/…start

Another ferry "Azzura" that belongs to Fergun works also between Mersin and Tripoli www.fergun.net/Azzura.aspx

If you are a resident of any one of the 6 GCC countries and have a managerial position, doctor or engineer you can get your visa on arrival at any one of air, sea or land borders in Lebanon.

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beirut to Tripoli

Visit general-security.gov.lb/Entry_visa/sub2.aspx

Go to الموضوع رقم 5

Thanks

Paris, France
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Beirut to Tripoli

Hell Gabi, Thank you very much for these informations,

I also need to know more about the situation there

I'm coming to Tripoli by the boat from Tasucu, the 25th of february, I travel by bike from France and would like to go to Beirut by bicycle. Do you think the road is safe enough to let me travel these 80km, (one day, not at night), there is no "Highway Bandits"?

Thank you so much in advance,

wish you the best.

Ferdi

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beirut to Tripoli

Hi Ferdinand,

No there is no bandits that stop and steal passengers that travel between Tripoli and Beirut. By car the 80 km distance between the two cities take around two hours by bike it may of course take much more. What you are doing is really great.

Good luck and all the best

8. Re: Beirut to Tripoli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, February 06, 2015