We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel to Lebanon

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 posts
Save Topic
Israel to Lebanon

Hello TripAdvisor folks,

At the end of March, I'd like to visit Beirut. Here are my obstacles: I'm a U.S. citizen currently living in Tel Aviv. I have multiple entry stamps from Ben Gurion airport in my passport, as well as a full page of a student visa granted by the Israeli government. It's also a more recent passport, so it has a microchip that would register my presence in Israel even without the stamps.

I'm trying to determine whether the best course of action would be to apply for a second passport in Tel Aviv or "lose" my passport in Amman and obtain a new one there.

Also - if I crossed into Jordan from Israel and got the entrance stamp placed on my first passport, wouldn't it look suspicious flying into Lebanon (using my second passport) that I had an exit stamp from Jordan but not an entrance stamp? Wouldn't this be true of going through Turkey, Egypt, Cyprus, or anywhere else from Israel?

If you have any advice or have done this journey recently, please lend me your thoughts!

Cheers

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Israel to Lebanon

Losing your passport in Jordan / Egypt , asking for a new one, having an exit stamp from Jordan / Egypt makes the General Security Police at the airport suspicious and consequently could deny your entrance to Lebanon.

It would be better to enter Lebanon from either Cyprus or Turkey.

Regards

Ramallah...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Israel to Lebanon

Hi,

My situation is similar to the guy above, so I didn't want to open a new thread.

I'm a Palestinian living in the West Bank with dual passports, American and temporary Jordanian one (this reveals I'm a Palestinian and is not allowed to Lebanon). I really want to visit dear friends in Lebanon. My question is:

1- Traveling to Jordan then entering Lebanon on the American one with a Jordanian exist stamp, will this raise fed flags or could I pass as a Jordanian traveling on the American passport?

2- If I'm questioned and denied entry, will my name be denied forever to Lebanon?

3- If I'm questioned, is it better to be honest or could I pass as a Jordanian? I've studied in Jordan so this would not be hard for me.

Thanks a lot,

Edited: 6:23 am, February 17, 2013
Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Israel to Lebanon

Hi,

With your Temporary Jordanian passport you cannot enter Lebanon unless you have a prior approval from the General Security Police in Beirut.

www.general-security.gov.lb (Arabic Visa nr 9)

Your U.S. passport should not be stamped neither from the Israeli side nor from the Jordanian side (no mention on your passport from a specific Jordanian border side that you entered Jordan from Israel).

You can leave Jordan with your U.S. passport and enter with it Lebanon trying to convince General Security Police at the airport that you were/are student in Jordan and still reside there, and much better in your case to enter Lebanon with your U.S. passport from either Cyprus or Turkey to avoid any suspicious from the part of the General Security Police at the airport.

Regards

Ramallah...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Israel to Lebanon

So lets say I'm going through Jordan route, I will have only the Jordanian exit stamp (at the airport) on my American, right?

Will being denied entry cause me to be blacklisted forever?

Ramallah...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Israel to Lebanon

BTW I'm unable to find the form on this site

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Israel to Lebanon

Yes you will have the Jordanian exit stamp on your American passport and the General Security Police at Beirut airport may ask you where were you before entering Jordan ??

If you don't want to be liable to suspicious it is better to enter Lebanon from Larnaca after staying there at least 24 hours before entering Beirut.

Visit www.general-security.gov.lb

انقر تأشيرات الدخول

انقر اصول منح ااتأشيرات

الموضوع 9 عدم دخول بعض الفئات دون موافقة مسبقة من المديرية العامة لامن العام

Regards

Ramallah...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Israel to Lebanon

Very valuable info. Thank you very much!

Ramallah...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Israel to Lebanon

For info, I've been told also there are also additional options for Palestinians:

1- Submit the approval in the Lebanese Embassy in Jordan, takes about 1 month, and it is generally approved

2- Tourist agencies in Palestine and Jordan in high seasons apply for approval on your behalf, but this is unreliable, they cancel abruptly due to financial or unknown reasons.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Israel to Lebanon

Will they definitely stamp the passport on the Jordanian side?

I want to go to israel and check out the sites but HAVE to go to Beirut after (cannot switch).

I am sure Israel will not stamp the passport of you ask;however, if the Jordanian authorities stamp the passport at the border, I assume I will be screwed, right?

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Israel to Lebanon

Israel no longer stamps passports when flying in or out of the country. You will be given a visa which is a copy of your picture and info on a separate card upon entry. Upon exit, your passport is not stamped, in my case, my boarding pass was stamped with the exit stamp. Your passport will remain clean which would allow you to fly to either Cyprus or Turkey and enter Lebanon that way. At last report, the land border crossings with Jordan still stamp passports.

Get answers to your questions about Lebanon