We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Beirut, Lebanon
3 posts
Save Topic
Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

I have two passports, but is this possible. I'm currently studying in Beirut and am wondering if Israel will even let me in or if they will demand to stamp both passports because I've not only traveled to other Arab countries but am currently living in one.

61 replies to this topic
Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Lebanon did not recognize the State of Israel, therefore there is no diplomatic relationship between the two countries, all borders are still closed and consequently any foreigner coming to Lebanon from Israel for whatever reason is considered a breach of law and can be deported to his own country or the country where he actually reside or coming from.

Portland, Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

A slight deviation of the topic: My wife and I are traveling from the U.S. to Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, and then back to the U.S. (in that order) this November. Will/can we be denied entry into Lebanon because we have a future plane ticket from Tel Aviv to the U.S.?

A suggestion on another travel site said to purchase an e-ticket and only print the U.S. to Beirut, Beirut to Aqaba portions while in Lebanon and once in Jordan, print the remaining portions from Tel Aviv to the U.S. This sounds great but what if, for whatever reason, we are asked where are our return tickets back home?

Otherwise, this seems like a logical solution, eh?

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Lebanese police at airport know that a lot of tourists travel between Jordan and Israel after leaving Lebanon. You will not be asked where are your returns ticket back home, and if asked you can say that you will decide in Jordan where would be your next destination before returning home.

It is also wise not to have with you in hand luggage any sign, paper or travel guide book about Israel.

Good luck

Portland, Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

How solid is the info concerning the option, if asked, of not getting your passport stamped by Israeli authorities if we decided to do Israel first, then Jordan, Lebanon....?

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

You will 100% denied entry into Lebanon if General Security police at the airport see a used or unused, valid or expired or cancelled stamped visa in your passport, or even notice any sign in your luggage that your were coming from or your next destination is Israel.

Although they know that a lot of tourists travel to Israel after Jordan they will not ask questions about your next destination once leaving Jordan. It is known that an ideal Middle East tour begins in Beirut and ends in Tel Aviv.

Portland, Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Got it!

Thanks

Amman, Jordan
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Hi everyone,

I have a question similar to the one posted here. I am a dual citizen (let's not specify of which countries) and one of my passports (let's call it passport A) carries the israeli stamp. I am actually studying in jordan, and i entered the country with that very passport. Now, I want to go to Lebanon to visit a friend of mine, and I planned to enter the country using passport B. My only concern is: will they ask me where I am coming from? Because if they normally do the fact that i don't have any jordanian stamp on passport B will surely raise suspicion... Can they deny me to entry Lebanon on that ground alone?

Thank you.

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

As far as you enter Lebanon with a legal passport, valid for another 6 months, with no Israeli stamp on it passport control officers at Beirut Rafic Hariri International airport cannot deny you a visa to Lebanon.

They already know that many tourists have already been to Israel months or years ago, and that many actually on a visit to Lebanon might go to Israel in the near future or just after leaving Lebanon via Jordan.

Showing them passport B will surely raise suspicion, they might consider you entered Jordan illegally, but in general they cannot deny you a visa to Lebanon.

Good luck

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
233 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

If your passport is stamped with a Lebanese immigration stamp you can't not to mention that if you have a lebanese a passport you won't be able to use it. If your other passport requires a visa you can apply in the israeli embassy in Amman Jordan. Also you can fly there using Royal Jordanian airlines who fly there 2 times daily. Be expected to be held by immigration if you are an arab.

Good Luck,

Hamad

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Travelling to Lebanon in October last year I was asked explicitly at Rafiq Hariri airport whether I had visited Israel before. I said no and that was the end of the questioning but my passport was subjected to a careful inspection and I am sure that they would have noticed if there were suspicious gaps that suggested I was switching from one passport to another.

My passport had no Israeli stamps (or dodgy gaps) in it and I was let in with no other bother and had a lovely trip.

If visiting Israel at the end of your trip is not an option then the only thing I can recommend is getting a second passport. You would then have to travel via a country that you can enter without getting your passport stamped and switch between your passports there. This is time consuming and expensive but your holiday to Lebanon will be ruined if they suspect you of having been to Israel and deny you entry.

Reply to: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted