We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety

Istanbul, Turkey
1 post
1 review
Safety
Save

What do you think about political things? We are planning to come beirut for 3 days, but we are thinking about late news. Some of the embassies calling their people.

Qazvin, Iran
Level Contributor
131 posts
48 reviews
14 helpful votes
1. Re: Safety
Save

totally safe go there and enjoy your trip .its propaganda by Persian gulf country especially Saudi Arabia .

spen time in city center ,al hamra street and lots of interesting places .

Chelmsford, United...
7 posts
2. Re: Safety
Save

I spent two weeks in lebanon this october, used beirut as a base and did day trips all over the country.

I am a 24 year old solo traveller from the UK and not once did ifeel threatened or that i was in any danger.

Lebanese people are very friendly, welcoming and i would go back in a heartbeat, contrary to what the media and travel advisories say Lebanon is one of the safest countries in the middle east.

Go! You will love it.

Lucknow, India
Level Contributor
145 posts
124 reviews
96 helpful votes
3. Re: Safety
Save

Hello "Tometravel",

I wonder if you have already travelled to Lebanon or are planning a trip in near future.

My wife and I have just returned from a 7-day tour to Lebanon. It is a totally DELIGHTFUL country for history/archaeology buffs, apart from which nature is also very bountiful in this country - you will be charmed by the mountains, valleys, Jeita Grotto and the beautiful Mediterranean. Incidentally, Baalbek is 'un-missable', possibly the most glorious Roman ruins that you would get to see anywhere.

We settled down comfortably in an Apart-hotel in the center of Beirut and made day-trips to all the destinations mentioned by above respondents. It is a small country, and day trips is surely the way to go.

As far as a driver and guide go, we had the good fortune to come across a remarkable young man. You just imagine the most polite, soft-spoken, well-mannered and decent person that you know and double the above qualities - you would get this young man!! Please write to me separately, and I shall be glad to tell you his name and contact etc.

May you have as wonderful a trip as we had...........

Warm regards.......

4. Re: Safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 21, 2018