We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuwait-Bahrain-Dubai ROAD TRIP

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Kuwait-Bahrain-Dubai ROAD TRIP

I know this topic was discussed sometime back. Since those are old i would want to have a similar one incase the rules have changed.

I Love long drives and so wishing to take a road trip. I live in Kuwait. Anyone who travelled on road please give your experience and advises.

36 replies to this topic
Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuwait-Bahrain-Dubai ROAD TRIP

Well, I am also planning a trip from Kuwait to Dubai and return by road, I would appreciate if someone can advise the formalities of getting a Saudi road transit visa (I'm an Indian non-muslim).

Kuwait
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuwait-Bahrain-Dubai ROAD TRIP

Hi guys,

Did you finally make the trip to Dubai from Kuwait by road? If yes, can you please share your experience about visa formalities and the roads?

Thanks

Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuwait-Bahrain-Dubai ROAD TRIP

First you need an approval from the Saudi Embassy to get the Muroor Visa (Traffic Visa) to travel through Saudi by Road. Once you get the approval, you need to approach BLS International Shuwaikh Branch (where there is KT Club counter) to get a TripTyque for your car. They will ask you for a Kuwaiti Guarantor or on the other hand you may make a Security Deposit with KT Club, as I did. The Security Deposit amount will depend on the Make and Model of your Car. In my case, KT Club Fahaheel Branch demanded KD 3000 for my Camry 2010, where as KT Club Shuwaikh (In BLS International Shuwaikh) demanded only KD 1500 for the same car (refundable, without any hassle once you come back to Kuwait with your car). Cost of Trip Tyque id KD 25. With the TripTyque and Saudi Embassy Approval, you go to next counter in BLS International Shuwaikh, who provide Saudi Visas. Cost of Saudi Visa is 8.5 KD per person (I guess, as I don't remember exactly), and they give you two-way visa (for going and coming) and a permission to stay up to 3 days in Saudi on each side travel.

Saudi border crossing was quite simple, with Family in your car, and it took only 1 hour to cross the Nuwaiseeb Border and enter Saudi.

Third Party Car Insurance need to be purchased at Saudi Border (SR 125 for 30 days validity, which is good for your return travel also)

The roads are faily good enough, and it is better if you have a GPS (I had my Nokia N97 with GPS). Plenty of fuel stations, not a problem for fuel.

UAE Visa is on arrival. Cost AED 185 per person. It took 4 hours for me to clear the Visa formalities in UAE border (remember it was during EId holidays in 2012, hence it was too crowded at the UAE border).

It was a really enjoyable trip. But since my wife was not allowed to drive in Saudi, I had to drive the whole 700 KMs in Saudi with just two stops (for fuel refilling and snacks), which left me a bit tired.

Salmiyah, Kuwait
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuwait-Bahrain-Dubai ROAD TRIP

Hey Dessertdriver how much time does it take for all procedures to be completed like obtaining Muroor visa n the other documents related for travel to dubai??

Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuwait-Bahrain-Dubai ROAD TRIP

To be on safe side, start the formalities atleast 2 weeks in advande of your travel (for Muroor visa). Geting Trip Tyque is easy, just visit KT Club office with deposit cash/Kuwaiti Guarantor, Civil ID and Passport Copies, Vehicle Dafthar and can be obtained in 15-20 minutes.

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
717 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuwait-Bahrain-Dubai ROAD TRIP

Dessert Driver what a great post, very comprehensive.

We did a similar trip last weekend but from Riyadh, through Dammam then Qatar then Abu Dhabi and Back. As you say its so very tiring for the hubbie as we covered 2200 kms and he was very tired but a great trip

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
717 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuwait-Bahrain-Dubai ROAD TRIP

PS you know your handle is Dessert as in pudding driver and not Desert Driver LOL

Al-Mangaf, Al...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuwait-Bahrain-Dubai ROAD TRIP

Hi DessertDriver Thanks for the nice post, I still have few question in this regard was the car on installments (is that the reason for a guarantor), if the car is owned by you & not any financing institutions then why would you require triptique as you have mentioned above though you have to take the insurance at the border. How would I go about requesting for a muroor visa (traffic visa) with the Saudi embassy, is that common for them to issue the same also do I have to get the visa for Dubai from their embassy in Kuwait or can I get one at the border? How about any workshops for car on this route, have you noticed? Appreciate your response on the above. Thank you once again for the helpful post.

As Sabahiyah, Al...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kuwait-Bahrain-Dubai ROAD TRIP

I am interested in the route to UAE city-wise from Kuwait onwards and back. How many hours travel is it excluding rest and what are the best options for comfortable trip . I might be travelling alone or most likely with another friend .

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
6,947 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kuwait-Bahrain-Dubai ROAD TRIP

If you travel to UAE around Eid or other holidays, better apply and get the UAE visa in your home country, will save you some time at the border. The UAE authorities at the border are very efficient and quick, but they cannot do much if the queue is very long.

Reply to: Kuwait-Bahrain-Dubai ROAD TRIP
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted