We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iran Tourist Visa for Indian Citizen ?

Austin TX
Level Contributor
124 posts
141 reviews
Iran Tourist Visa for Indian Citizen ?

I am an Indian Citizen and want to travel to Iran for Tourism. I live in the US and have a Green card.

I have been trying to find information on Tourist Visa requirements for Indian Citizens and it is confusing.

Do Indian Citizens qualify for the Visa on Arrival at the eligible Airports? If yes, how long (Duration of validity)?

If not, Can I apply for a Visa in my country of residence (USA)? Any idea which all cities have an Iranian Consulate?

Do I need a invitation from an Iranian local to obtain a Tourist Visa?

Also, Is it safe for an Indian citizen to travel to Iran?

Thanks !!

15 replies to this topic
Tehran Province...
Level Contributor
245 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Iran Tourist Visa for Indian Citizen ?

Indian passport holders are not eligible for Visa On Arrival (VOA). I don't see why you can not obtain a visa in your country of residence. The problem is that Iran does not have an embassy or consulate in USA. You need to Approach Pakistan Embassy which acts as the Interest Office of Iran in States. The safest and quickest way to get your visa is to apply through a local Tour & Travel agency. They will do the local formalities here in Iran and will send you a reference number. Using that reference number you can apply for your visa in Pakistan Embassy as I stated earlier. Iran is totally safe even for a female solo traveler, so don't have slightest worry on that. For your quick reference, I can introduce Rastin Tours as one of the Tour & Travel agencies you can use to get your visa and use their local services such as accommodation and transportation. You can reach them here ==> www.rastintours.com

Good luck

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
165 posts
176 reviews
2. Re: Iran Tourist Visa for Indian Citizen ?

Hi there

Thanks for asking,

As a Indian passport holder, you have to have your visa before hands, voa is not possible for indians. As US passport holder, you have to be in guided tours from beginning to end. What you have to do is contacting to a local agent to provide you authorization code,guided tours and so on.

You can make a plan with any agent till Tues this week to get this code.

Yes Iran is safe for everyone to visit.

Austin TX
Level Contributor
124 posts
141 reviews
3. Re: Iran Tourist Visa for Indian Citizen ?

Thanks for the replies. This Information helps a lot.

Tehran Province...
Level Contributor
245 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Iran Tourist Visa for Indian Citizen ?

One important point

If you have an israeli visa or entry stamp in your passport, you will not be able to get Iran's visa before you get a new passport.

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
165 posts
176 reviews
5. Re: Iran Tourist Visa for Indian Citizen ?

I am grateful/ hope you enjoy your trip.

Austin TX
Level Contributor
124 posts
141 reviews
6. Re: Iran Tourist Visa for Indian Citizen ?

Utopia,

I do have a Israeli Visa in my passport.

Though it is expired and I have already travelled to Israel in the past and do not plan to go back anytime soon. I am not going to renew the Israeli Visa.

Will that still be a problem?

Thanks !

GotSum?

North Brunswick...
Level Contributor
101 posts
93 reviews
7. Re: Iran Tourist Visa for Indian Citizen ?

Yes, having Israeli visa stamp on the same passport will be a problem. For 100% correct answer, contact Iran's interest section at Washington DC. (http://daftar.org/eng/contact_eng.asp) I've emailed them in the past and usually they do response in few days.

Austin TX
Level Contributor
124 posts
141 reviews
8. Re: Iran Tourist Visa for Indian Citizen ?

@rutansh

Thanks, this is very helpful.

Tehran Province...
Level Contributor
245 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: Iran Tourist Visa for Indian Citizen ?

You definitely need to renew your passport before actually applying for Iran's visa. Any sign of your trip to israel, want it be new or old will cause your application be denied.

Austin TX
Level Contributor
124 posts
141 reviews
10. Re: Iran Tourist Visa for Indian Citizen ?

Thanks !

Appreciate all the information and feedback. :)

Reply to: Iran Tourist Visa for Indian Citizen ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted