We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are all shops closed on Demise of Prophet holiday?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
4 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Are all shops closed on Demise of Prophet holiday?

I will be in Tehran for vacation this Christmas and I just realize that Dec 31 is indeed the Demise of Prophet holiday. I was originally planning to ski in Dizin that day, but was told that the resort would be closed. Just wonder if all shops and restaurants will also be closed in Tehran? What should I expect to see in Tehran on that day? and what would you suggest me to do on that day in Tehran?

London, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are all shops closed on Demise of Prophet holiday?

Possibly connect with people in Tehran via couchsurfing.com? Maybe someone would offer the chance to visit their home for the day? Just a thought .. Iranian people are very hospitable and love to meet visitors to their country.

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are all shops closed on Demise of Prophet holiday?

Dear sir , first of all we shall see that 31 of december is the same day or not because equality of day shall be viewed with arabian calender and i guess it may not the same day holiday , but according to the current calender it shown 31 dec and 1 of january holiday which is a type of holiday that most of shop close at least till afternoon around 5 , but the big bazaar of tehran surely closed in these days , few of shops are open in these days which we called new generation of shopping center , it depend on you which part of tehran you be , we have nearly in all part of tehran these shopping ceter like shahrak gharb shopping center , iranzamin , milad noor , hyper star .. in east part of tehran also few places like almas , in north of tehran tajrish also there is few like pardis and so on ,we hope you enjoy in tehran

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
4 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are all shops closed on Demise of Prophet holiday?

Thanks Hestiiran for your reply. My tour guide actually suggests us to go to Evin Darakeh in that afternoon after our flight arrives Tehran at 2pm from Isfahan. Since it is now winter, I am not sure if the scenery will be about dull and more importantly, I think it will be cold as well, that's why I am thinking of other alternative. Indeed, I am also interested to look at the modern style shopping mall in Tehran

4. Re: Are all shops closed on Demise of Prophet holiday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tehran