We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iran VoA

Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Iran VoA

How much the Iran VoA cost and what documents should I bring?

Is it far from the airport to the downtown? is there any public transportation?

Thank you.

1. Re: Iran VoA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:43 am, December 25, 2013
Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iran VoA

Hi and beforehand welcome to Iran. There are two different Iran visa process:

1. Iran visa upon arrival that is valid for special nationalities and its rate is 50euro for holder of passport. Needed documents are confirmed return ticket, valid passport with at least 6 months validity and a photo of you.

2. Iran touristy visa that you can apply through a travel agent and choose five most important airports (Tehran, Mashhad, Shiraz, Tabriz, Isfahan +Kish &Qeshm Island) for getting your visa instead of Iran embassy in your country. The rate of this kind is different based on your nationality. Needed documents are the same as the above.

3. It takes about 45 min to one hour but when there is no heavy traffic .e.g.at midnight.

4. There is no regular public transport but sometimes a bus will be there every two or three hours.

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Shiraz
Shiraz
Fars Province, Iran
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Iran VoA

What are the special nationalities, Maryam ?

I would like to go to Iran this April. Since I live in Berlin, I think I could

get the visa at the embassy.

My nationality is Polish. Is it easier to get a visa on arrival for Polish

cititzens than for German citizens ? Thank you so much for your

answers.

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Paris, France
Level Contributor
23 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iran VoA

Hi!

Yes you can get a 14 day visa on arrival. Poland is in the list of VoA.

I believe it is always best to get a Visa from your own country. So better to go to the Iranian embasy in Poland.

I hope you enjoyed and you actually went there.

Mentioned in this post
Poland
Poland
Europe
munich
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Iran VoA

Hey, I also need information if I can get a visa at the airport. I have Slovenian passport (x Yugoslavia) and I live in Germany. At the embassy they told me that I need garantie letter from Iran. How can I get that? I need to bring it next week . Can you help me? Thx S

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iran VoA

Hi

You are eligible to get VOA as Slovenian citizen. VOA is a bit controversial.

Sometimes, you do not need anything and sometimes an official contact in Iran.

Easiest thing would be booking a night at hotel and ask the hotel to be your reference.

I hope that can help.

regards,

Mojatba

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
munich
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Iran VoA

Mojatba salam. I cant book a hotel in Iran cause then my visa is refused for 6 months. With guarantee letter I think I could enter Iran. S

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iran VoA

Salam

You cannot use an international credit card to book hotels in Iran. Iran is a cash only country.

I do not know what you mean by gurantee letter.

If you mean an authorization code, it is the same as getting the tourist visa.

Viele gruBe,

Mojtaba

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,672 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iran VoA

Hi Pupa,

I'm also finding your questions confusing.

If you are eligible for VOA, you don't need to deal with the embassy at all, and need no guarantee letters as far as I'm aware (and my experience proves).

To book a hotel in Iran, you don't need a credit card - some will confirm you the booking without prepayment and with no CC deposit.

If the hotel of your choice doesn't, you can refer to a local tour company for help with booking it.

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East
munich
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Iran VoA

Salam, Without guarantee letter I can t get my iranian visa. They told me at the embassy. I dont know if its possiblle to get it at the airport. Cause Im planning to stay 14 days in Iran. But Im affraid they wont let me to enter Iran.

S

Mentioned in this post
Iran
Iran
Middle East