We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel to Iran now?

Budapest, Hungary
3 posts
Is it safe to travel to Iran now?

Iam a hungarian citizen and planning to visit my iranian boyfriend and his family in one month ( I have tourist visa). I know persian culture very well, I even speak farsi on a basic level. I would be very glad to travel to Iran. The only thing I have doubts whether it is the right timing.

What we can hear so much lately in news is that Iran is likely to be attacked soon (actually its been years that "Iran will be attacked"). Any iranians here who would share their opinion how they see the situation? I know its hard to make estimations in this case, just curious if you have anything in mind.

voyage to Persia
Sightseeing Tours
Persia Passenger
Historical & Heritage Tours
274 replies to this topic
1 post
251. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?

Hello

As an Iranian it's not good to say Yes, Iran is Safe. But as a reporter I can send you some news and experience of the other tourists while they have been in Iran:

Spanish Tourists Getting More Interested in Visiting Iran >> ifpnews.com/news/…

Iran Different Experience for Every Foreign Tourist: Indian Daily >> ifpnews.com/exclusive/…

And here is more than 200 articles we have published about the Iran Tourism: ifpnews.com/category/news/homeland/tourism/

Level Contributor
57 posts
9 reviews
252. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?

I've heard of temporary power outages and a possible water shortage problem in Tehran, but I don't know if it's true.

Can somebody please update that for me? Thanks

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
253. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?

power outage is fewer now , if it happens it maybe only 2 hours a day . and in Tehran it is not water shortage now . It's ok .

Wish you enjoyable trip

Pegah

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
254. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?

Hi

Iran has always been a safe place for travelers. The problem is mass media turning all the world against us.

2 posts
255. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?

About booking, I have already used <a href="http://vinok.ir">vinok.ir</a>. There are also some other website which might be goo but I haven't used. I would suggest you compare their prices and then choose one.

2 posts
256. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?

About booking, I have already used <a href="http://vinok.ir">vinok.ir</a>. There are also some other website which might be goo but I haven't used. I would suggest you compare their prices and then choose one.

Yazd Province, Iran
Level Contributor
173 posts
46 reviews
257. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?

Hi,

Not all news could be reliable. I believe the best source of information comes from the local people and if you ask me, I’ll tell you that as an Iranian, I find Iran perfectly safe.

There are some economical crisis here, for sure but that does not mean Iran is not safe!

Best regards

Touring Persia

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
47 posts
25 reviews
258. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?

Hello my friend.

Nowadays the only thing that Iran have is its safety. Iran is so beautiful.

Good Luck.

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
304 posts
37 reviews
259. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What @683saharf said is remind me a Titanic movie, when the ship was almost drawn and on higher deck musician was playing violone...

Iran is so beautiful!?!?!?!?!? he asked about safety.

Edited: 6:13 am, September 04, 2018
Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
47 posts
25 reviews
260. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?

Hi dear foad Z.

You know I don't have any other choice i rather to be optimistic... :)

And about beauty of Iran, annaAjoon wants to come here and have fun. So i did not answer Irrelevant.

Anyway Thank you for saying your Idea.

best regards

Edited: 1:45 am, September 05, 2018
Reply to: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tehran