We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Tehran
Search

Is it safe to travel to Iran now?

Budapest, Hungary
3 posts
Is it safe to travel to Iran now?
Save

Iam a hungarian citizen and planning to visit my iranian boyfriend and his family in one month ( I have tourist visa). I know persian culture very well, I even speak farsi on a basic level. I would be very glad to travel to Iran. The only thing I have doubts whether it is the right timing.

What we can hear so much lately in news is that Iran is likely to be attacked soon (actually its been years that "Iran will be attacked"). Any iranians here who would share their opinion how they see the situation? I know its hard to make estimations in this case, just curious if you have anything in mind.

293 replies to this topic
Kyiv
Level Contributor
22,702 posts
341 reviews
1,095 helpful votes
1. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?
Save

Hi Ann,

Have you seen this recent thread on the same? tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293999-i9140-k515…

Most of the answers there were from Iranians.

Budapest, Hungary
3 posts
2. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?
Save

Thank you :) Iam gonna go check it!

Győr, Hungary
Level Contributor
185 posts
12 reviews
14 helpful votes
3. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?
Save

Szia Anna! Mi is most tervezzük az iráni utat, áprilisban mennénk, és szintén elég ideges vagyok a helyzet alakulása végett. Ha van kedved, írj privátban. Üdv.

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
4. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?
Save

Its always been safe to travel to Iran- Iran is one of the safest countries in the world but with the worst drivers.

Budapest, Hungary
3 posts
5. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?
Save

Szia Kirgizke, csak most látom a postod...írni fogok privátba. Üdv!

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
188 posts
6. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?
Save

AnnAjoon,

you have Iranian friends, so you're a little familiar with the culture. As you yourself mentioned, all of these are negative advertisements and cliche.

Travel and enjoy your travel to Iran :)

everything is OK here.

Good Luck

Shadi

Liverpool, United...
1 post
7. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?
Save

at this stage i would not go and its strange you say you you got a bf in iran thought that was not allowed

Tehran
14 posts
8. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?
Save

Dear Friend,

Be sure you will face no problem at all when you get to Iran because you have your boy friend who can support you here.

Even if you were alone and you knew nobody here then you wouldn't face much problem in here.

Good Luck to you

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
33 posts
9. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?
Save

The government of Canada has just closed its embassy in Iran and ordered the Iranian embassy in Canada closed. In the end, it's always your decision whether or not to travel somewhere. Personally, as an American citizen, I would not travel to Iran, but that's just my choice. If you choose to go, I hope you have a great trip!

Tehran
1 post
10. Re: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?
Save

Hello my friend,

I am an Iranian, living in Tehran, and my name is Ali.I've seen so many european tourists who traveled to Iran and were shocked by the peacefulness and safety of Iran, despite what they have been told before. Although there are some differences and more limitations comparing to your country, as far as my job is in tourism in Iran, I assure you Iran is a safe country to travel to, if nothing is wrong with your visa or political issues.

wish you good times in Iran.

Reply to: Is it safe to travel to Iran now?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted