We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel and intercity travel booking

North Brunswick...
Level Contributor
101 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel and intercity travel booking

Assuming I'll be visiting Iran in the off-season, can I just walk-in to book a hotel? How about train and bus tickets to travel intercity in Iran - can I buy on the spot or do I need reservation?

I am an Indian citizen planning to visit solo. I would love to travel by train and buses to experience culture and local daily life! Want to spend minimum for hotels, rather spend more money on visiting places and local shopping. Any suggestion is welcome!!

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
216 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel and intercity travel booking

Buying bus tickets in the same day is doable.

But about trains, buy tickets at least 1 week or more in advance.

About hotels, if you are traveling in off season, it is okay to find a room in arriving day to each city.

By the way, Iran isn't an only culture destination. Actually nature trips are doable in Iran. There are so many various options for mountaineering, desert and jungles treks and camping ( depending on date of your trip ).

Have a good and safe trip in Iran

Edited: 2:11 pm, February 05, 2016
Iran
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel and intercity travel booking

Hi,

I just wanted to add that in nowrouz period (20 March-3 April.) it's difficult to find rooms in hotels by just walking in. If you wanna travel at that period either try booking a hotel through a local travel agency or use few homestay type sites like bedycasa, travelmob, tripping in, to reserve and pay for your room in advance.

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel and intercity travel booking

Hi There

This is Mehdi from Shiraz

you can easily book your hotel by asking the reception of first hotels. because there is no online booking system in all over country, as there is no online payments hotels won't be happy to do this.

for bus ticket or train tickets, locals at the hotel would help you out.

As an indian travelers make sure you have already your visa before hands, as there are very restricted rules for indian passport holders at all of Iranian airports.

4. Re: Hotel and intercity travel booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:25 pm, February 07, 2016
5. Re: Hotel and intercity travel booking

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:25 pm, February 07, 2016
6. Re: Hotel and intercity travel booking

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 08, 2017