We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for Indian Citizen living in USA

North Brunswick...
Level Contributor
101 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Visa for Indian Citizen living in USA

I'm an Indian citizen living in the USA. I'm planning to visit Iran, having following questions -

[1] Is India eligible for Visa-On-Arrival at airports? (I have got confusing answers with no solid source)

[2] Is it preferable to get visa beforehand (from Washington DC), or VOA?

[3] To get visa from Washington DC office, do I need a reference number form Iranian travel agency?

Tehran Province...
Level Contributor
245 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa for Indian Citizen living in USA

Indian citizen are not eligible for VOA and need to get a visa in advance. Using the services od a travel agency will be much helpful. try this one ==> www.rastintours.com

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
165 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for Indian Citizen living in USA

Hi there

This is Mehdi Gharibm marketing manager

Yes you need visa before hands which is because of New rule from 2015 all indians need to have visa before hands and can't get anymore VOA.

if your Indian passport depicts any name where you live (such as any name in US) you must be in guided tours and you are considered US citizens. if not, you can apply by your own from Pakistani Embassy of Washington that Iran has a department.

otherwise you can contact a local travel agent such as us to make it happened,

3. Re: Visa for Indian Citizen living in USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 07, 2017