We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you're looking for a personal tour guide in Iran, try Ali

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
26 reviews
30 helpful votes
If you're looking for a personal tour guide in Iran, try Ali

Hi. I've just been back from a 2-week amazing holiday in Iran. I've learned so much! More than what the guide books can tell me. I learned many wonderful things about Iranians, especially how the young people think these days. I attribute my wonderful experience to my guide, Ali. I'm happy to give you his contact info if you like. I really want to see him succeed!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: If you're looking for a personal tour guide in Iran, try Ali

Hi M Wilbur, I see you have your location as London. Are you a British Citizen? If so, do you mind talking to me about your visa process.

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
26 reviews
30 helpful votes
2. Re: If you're looking for a personal tour guide in Iran, try Ali

I am British, yes, but I was born in the Philippines and I think they took that into consideration when they allowed me to enter Iran as an independent traveler. British citizens normally need to enter Iran as part of a tour.

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
10 helpful votes
3. Re: If you're looking for a personal tour guide in Iran, try Ali

Hi,

The Citizens of US, Uk and Canada need to have a guided tour in Iran. So you need to book your tour through an official tour agency.

Regards,

Erfan

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: If you're looking for a personal tour guide in Iran, try Ali

Hi – I’ve just returned from a fantastic 12 day trip in Iran with four others, a guide and driver. We went from Tehran to Kermanshah, Isfahan, Yazd (with a few very interesting side trips that you can pm me about if interested) and flew home from Shiraz via Istanbul. Our tour was organised by Mojtaba at Iran Travel Service - http://www.irantravelservice.com. I would also recommend Milad Ranjbar as a guide – very knowledgeable and friendly. Please pm me for contact details.

Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: If you're looking for a personal tour guide in Iran, try Ali

Hi wulbur, please can you tell me how you got your visa? I am also british but was born in africa and dont want to join a tour. Did you apply for the code via agency without providing a tour? All info would be useful.

Thank you

Edited: 7:27 pm, March 27, 2015
M S
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: If you're looking for a personal tour guide in Iran, try Ali

Hi Wilbur.

May I receive contact information for Ali?

It would be much appreciated.

Mitch

3 posts
7. Re: If you're looking for a personal tour guide in Iran, try Ali

Do you know if Ali is allowed to guide Americans? If not I'd love to talk to him through his contact info. My email is peterkesting7@gmail.com. Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
26 reviews
30 helpful votes
8. Re: If you're looking for a personal tour guide in Iran, try Ali

Hi Peter. Have you got your visa already? If so, Ali can guide you. If you haven't yet, he won't be able to apply the visa for you. You will need a tour company to do that. His email addresses are: tourguide.ali73@yahoo.com and tourguide.iriran@gmail.com if you want to contact him.

All the best to you,

Wilbur

3 posts
9. Re: If you're looking for a personal tour guide in Iran, try Ali

Sweet. Thanks for the info! I was just asking about specifically "Americans" because it's to my knowledge that Iranian tour guides have to have separate legal certification to guide Americans. I'll shoot him an email.

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
10. Re: If you're looking for a personal tour guide in Iran, try Ali

Hi Wilbur,

Can you walk me through how you got your visa? I'm looking at an indenpedant visa as well. Not too sure how to go about this.