We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Iran
Search

Is Iran safe?

Groningen, The...
2 posts
Is Iran safe?
Save

A friend and I are thinking of a two-week travel through Iran somewhere in March/ April this year. The Dutch ministry of foreign affairs demotivates people to travel to Iran. They say only travel to Iran when strictly neccessary. What are your views on a trip to Iran? Is it really unsafe or just the border areas (Irak, afghanistan)? Any more people travelling through the country this year?

Thanks in advance

Sweden
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Is Iran safe?
Save

I'm going to Iran in a few weeks too, it's perfectly fine. Several foreign ministries in Europe demotivate travel to certain areas in Iran, specifically the provinces that border to Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I have several Iranian friends who live here in Germany, and who regularly travel home several times a year, and who don't worry about their families at all. They are mainly from Tehran, Isfahan and Shiraz, and these areas seem to be calm. So I'm guessing it depends completely where you are planning to go and what you want to do, but for tourism purposes I wouldn't worry. I'm not worried about it at all :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Is Iran safe?
Save

Completely safe. I was there in October 2013, one of two mature women travelling together. We had no problems at all.

Groningen, The...
2 posts
3. Re: Is Iran safe?
Save

Thanks for your replies!

Any more views on this subject? Did you ever feel unsafe or threatnend?

celje
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Is Iran safe?
Save

super safe, iranians only don't understand term atheism and that i don't believe in any god

New Haven...
Level Contributor
103 posts
5. Re: Is Iran safe?
Save

I am planning to go in March. have been keeping an eye on current events and I have asked a lot of people this question.

ISIS seems to be contained to Syria and Iraq and the areas are very far from Iran's borders. So I'm hopping it stays that way. There is so much unrest in the world its awful to have to worry about these things. What happen in Paris is awful. Everyone I have spoken with has said they loved Iran and felt great while there.

Anyone just come back from Iran?

Brasilia, DF
1 post
6. Re: Is Iran safe?
Save

completely safe, see this blog with information about iran. If prescisar help in the visa contact.

colinasdoiran.blogspot.com.br

7. Re: Is Iran safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:13 pm, January 25, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
235 reviews
120 helpful votes
8. Re: Is Iran safe?
Save

I felt completely safe at all times including walking at night with my husband. Safer than I feel travelling in lots of other countries. We stayed in an area of Esfahan with lots of electrical stores and when they closed during lunchtime they just left the fridges, TVs etc that they were selling, outside their stores! Obviously not much theft! Just take normal precautions you would anywhere in the world. Stay away from large gatherings of people, take care of your belongings etc.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
9. Re: Is Iran safe?
Save

Been there twice now (last year and the year before) and also from Holland! Absolutely safe and a must go country to go to. Don't miss out Shiraz, Esfehan and I also very much liked the small town of Ardabil! Have fun

Porto, Portugal
1 post
10. Re: Is Iran safe?
Save

Hello my Friend,

Iran is one of the safest country in Middle East certainly. after living some years in some EU country, I can say your imagine from Iran is incorrect like other European people. you will find Iranian people very kind and hospital undoubtedly. if you need any help or any information please let me know as a friend ph.sarbaz@gmail.com. :-)

I hope you and all people gonna visit Iran, enjoy from their travels!