We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VOA - VIsa on Arrival

Bacchus Marsh...
Level Contributor
14 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
VOA - VIsa on Arrival

Hi - Does anyone have current information regarding VOA - Visa On Arrival for Iran ?

Are they only issued at Tehran Airport?

I am an Australian living overseas so I cannot apply for a Visa to be collected at the nearest Iranian Embassy - besides there isn't one here.

I have read that VOA's are fine and issued for 14days.

However have also read sometimes not issued or there can be problems on arrival.

Also that Australians are not eligible for these?

I am planning for November 2012 .

Appreciate some feedback Thanks

115 replies to this topic
Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VOA - VIsa on Arrival

i've just check it for you with Imam Airport and they said its OK so welcome to Iran!

Bacchus Marsh...
Level Contributor
14 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VOA - VIsa on Arrival

Really! That's great!

Because of the 3 months validity I won't be able to apply until August so if you hear of any changes maybe you could let me know

Can't wait!

Thanks

Shiraz
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VOA - VIsa on Arrival

On arival visa could be issued in 6 other airports i.e. Shiraz, Tabriz, Isfahan, Mashhad, Kish and Qeshm.

About the australians, google it. I think there wouth not be any problem.

Iran Welcomes you!

Feridoon

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VOA - VIsa on Arrival

Hi

Australians are all eligibe to get visa on arrival. The only issue is that legally you must have a contact in Iran who support you (either an agency or hotel manager) But practically some tourists have got a VOA without any contacts.

Recently, the immigration is more strict about contacts and few tourists who did have a contact or had an unofficial contact were denied a VOA.

That is why you may read about problems.

Otherwise, visa is issued without any hassles.

hope the info can clear up the situation.

regards,

Mojtaba

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: VOA - VIsa on Arrival

For any information about Iran visa check this website irantouristvisa.com/iran-visa-on-arrival.html

Leuven, Belgium
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: VOA - VIsa on Arrival

irantouristvisa.com/iran-visa-on-arrival.html

paid service !!

the question is, can it be avoided

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
293 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: VOA - VIsa on Arrival

Dear Ann P

You should also check with your airline whethey are you allowed to board without having visa or not.

Bests,

Parisa

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: VOA - VIsa on Arrival

Hi mate - thinking of the same plan as you - have you had any further revelations about the VOA.

Brasilia
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: VOA - VIsa on Arrival

Not for nothing but I too was happy to find out that it was possible to arrange a Visa on Arrival, but later was informed that there have been many cases when the application for a visa have been rejected and it would be safer for a traveller, if at all possible, to get a visa in an embassy beforehand. Otherwise, VOA or not, it's a risk.

Clare, Australia
Level Contributor
138 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VOA - VIsa on Arrival

I have just logged onto the Iranian Embassy website in Australia & it states that:

"Australian applicants holding ordinary passports may apply for a 15-day tourist/pilgrimage visa on arrival at the Passport and Visas Offices at Intenational Airports of I.R. of Iran.

Airport Visa is granted at Mehrabad, IKIA, Kish, Qeshm, Boushehr, Shiraz, Tabriz, Mashhad, Esfahan, Asalouyeh and Chahbahar airports."

I think that I will still apply for a visa when we head off in March 2013! I don't like unhappy surprises when travelling!

Reply to: VOA - VIsa on Arrival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted