We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American traveling to Iran, can I get in?

California USA
9 posts
Save Topic
American traveling to Iran, can I get in?

Hello Everyone,

I have wanted to visit Iran for a very long time, my only question is, can a single US citizen actually get into the country? I have heard that US citizens can go in a tour group but I am so not into that? Of course most of my friends and family think I am totally nuts and that Iranians hate Americans, I just see an awesome culture and people.

1. Re: American traveling to Iran, can I get in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:47 pm, June 19, 2012
Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American traveling to Iran, can I get in?

Hello Teacherrunner,

most of your questions were answered by the reply from Parisa. and about the last part, and what yoru friends think, I can only suggest a look into this post, and the replies from all over the world:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293999-i9140-k3…

I bet you wont regret this trip:-)

Safe trip

Vafa

Kermanshah, Iran
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American traveling to Iran, can I get in?

If you wanted to visit Kermanshah, I am here to help you as a friend !

good luck

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: American traveling to Iran, can I get in?

Hi

to be honestIran is totally different from any other coutry that you may have gone to. you can not do booking. no planning available for internet flight booking. As a rule forget internet booking in any area. also no facility to hire a car. Impossible for you. if you want to have a good travel yoh need to have an Iranian friend to come along with you( the girls would happily do that:) - but the problem is how. there is no club of any type for open communication with Iranian girls-) in all cities or else you need to have a friend in all cities

also ask for obtaining a visa for yourself. I am not sure how but the easiest way is to have a friend in Iran and s/he send the invitation to you.

economic is awful at the moment. so be careful on the prices asked from you on the services as you are a tourist and they try to rip you off

but as a general rule if you have a friend in Iran it will be a very nice trip. I suggest you to have a trip first to Shiraz and then ....

cheers mate

Amsterdam, The...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: American traveling to Iran, can I get in?

Hi Teacherrunner ,

Forget all what they've said to you about Iranians

in your country . Iranian people are so kind and

hospitable and I've experienced it by myself .

Though , I think you had better choose a

good and qualified and official agency to do

your preparations before your flight .

Enjoy visiting Iran :>

Hamburg, Germany
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: American traveling to Iran, can I get in?

Hello

I agree with you indeed.

Good luck

Tehran, Iran
Destination Expert
for Tehran
Level Contributor
423 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American traveling to Iran, can I get in?

Hi Teacherrunner,

"and that Iranians hate Americans"

This would be the first statement that you find it wrong in Iran. I bet! :)

Good Luck,

Amir

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: American traveling to Iran, can I get in?

Hi Teacherrunner,

I can say just one thing to you:

Its an experience you should have yourself. Many of Americans think like you and all of these (true or false) are because of political problems between two country and also negative talks about Iranians. But believe me, as you enter Iran, you will find out all of them were just rumors.

By being in touch with a reliable agency, you can enjoy your travel and make that as one of the memorable ones...

Just being with a driver/guide or only a guide is OK for American citizens.

Best regards,

Shadi

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: American traveling to Iran, can I get in?

Hi Teacherrunner,

I can say just one thing to you:

Its an experience you should have yourself. Many of Americans think like you and all of these (true or false) are because of political problems between two country and also negative talks about Iranians. But believe me, as you enter Iran, you will find out all of them were just rumors.

By being in touch with a reliable agency, you can enjoy your travel and make that as one of the memorable ones...

Just being with a driver/guide or only a guide is OK for American citizens.

Best regards,

Shadi

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
67 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: American traveling to Iran, can I get in?

I will be going to Iran in a few weeks. I will be joined by Americans who will be traveling for a conference. Be in touch with me in late November and I can let you know how this all goes. I have been to Iran on both a US and an Irish passport. In past trips (before the last election), it was quite easy to travel and I did so as a single woman. It was fabulous and I loved it. I have not been back since the last so called election, so I don't know what the feeling will be like. I am not referring to the people, who I expect will continue to be amazing, but whether there will be more government hassle. So if you are going post November, just send me a message and I will come back to you.

Get answers to your questions about Iran