We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Reliable Local Tour Operator

Toronto
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
19 helpful votes
A Reliable Local Tour Operator

I am planning to visit Iran in the beginning of April with my wife. I also want to visit Mashhad. So far I have been able to find, on the internet, only LetsgoIran who offers a trip that will take us to Tehran, Shiraz, Esfahan, Mashhad and Qom. I notice most of the package tours are for people more interested in the ancient history of Iran. Mashhad is not to be found on these tours. LetsgoIran offers a tour that may meet my needs, i.e. see both the ancient and spiritual sides of Iran. I want someone to help me from personal experience how they found LetsgoIran or suggest one, again from personal experience, who is reliable, economical and meets a North American traveler's standards. Neither I nor my spouse speak Farsi that's why we are looking for a reliable tour operator. Thanks for the help.

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
31 reviews
41 helpful votes
1. Re: A Reliable Local Tour Operator

Hello WarisToronto,

April is really the best time to visit Iran.

Iran has a real 4 season climate, that is when we have -20 in some parts, we have +20-+25 (degrees centigrade) in others. but in April everywhere is kind of normal....

for letsgoiran, I would suggest searching forums and see if there a real experience with them or not?

You can also check the link in our FAQ of forum (top-right), for local tours and guides. These are some of tours that have been responsive to passengers. You can at least drop them an email and see how they act, and then you have a basis to compare.

Then you can ask the letsgoiran to tell you about hotels and places, so we can give you some tips and other options.

Going to Mashad is not very difficult, you can do it even yourself, and even without knowing Faris. posters to this forum can help you with some key points.

Does Qom has any special attraction for you? it will be very nice if you have religious interests, otherwise, there is nothing much to see in Qom, and you can replace it with Kashan and Abyaneh.

I love Mashad, as it is really a spiritual view of Iran, which seems to be your interest too. besides, near Mashad, there are lots of natural attractions, and gardens to see. and the food will be very good and cheap.

I hope I could give you a clue to narrow your search, and waiting for your next series of questions.

Safe Trip

Vafa

Toronto
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
19 helpful votes
2. Re: A Reliable Local Tour Operator

Thank you very much Vafa. By reading your posts on TA, I feel you are providing a great help to people who want to visit Iran but are a bit cautious due to various reasons. I did look into FAQ as you suggested but I still would need a few strong personal endorsements by fellow travelers before I choose one. We have a very reliable Canadian tour operator namely GAP, who offers a tour to Iran but again it does not completely meet my needs. Can I send you a PM? I will appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot.

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
293 posts
3. Re: A Reliable Local Tour Operator

Dear WarisToronto

Thank you for your reply.

I believe that the most interesting and important cities of Iran are covered in most of the tour packages and the other cities may be seen less in other tour packages, but it does not mean that other travel agencies cannot arrange that. Mainly, most of the tour packages are performed tailor-made based on the travel dates and also the clients’ interests.

You can ask a travel agency to organize a good package based on your interests.

Qom and Mashhad are considered as the religious cities rather than historical, but if you like to see them, it can be arranged easily.

I do hope that I could be helpful to you.

Bests,

Parisa

Parisa.irantravelingcenter@gmail.com

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
30 posts
4. Re: A Reliable Local Tour Operator

Dear WarisToronto,

The places you have mentioned are usually included in the tour packages and unfortunately ususally there are monument oriented. Please take a look at www.facebook.com/uppersia and talk directly to travelers who have used the services of an Iranian local tour operator and see if it goes for more than just monuments. There are a handfull of Iran tour operators, some offer good services, that you can choose from ;)

Reza Poorhoseini

www.uppersia.com

info@uppersia.com

Toronto, Canada
1 post
5. Re: A Reliable Local Tour Operator

Hi,

I traveled to Iran last year through IRANICA TOURS. Their services were excellent, and I can recommend them as an honest Travel agency.

As I see in their website, they also have a fixed-date tour in Iran in April 2011. you can take a look if you wish to join.

http://www.iranicatours.com/tours_012.htm

www.iranicatours.com

info@iranicatours.com

All the best,

Krizty from Canada

Toronto
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
19 helpful votes
6. Re: A Reliable Local Tour Operator

Thank you very much Kristy.

A recommendation based upon personal experience by a fellow Canadian is worth a lot of value to me. Presently I am dealing with another travel consultant in Iran and she has been very professional. I would certainly look up the website you have given and may send you a PM if you do not mind. Iran is so fascinating yet one feels a bit unsure going there as non-Persian speaking tourist.

Thanks again.

Shiraz, Iran
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
34 reviews
31 helpful votes
7. Re: A Reliable Local Tour Operator

Hi

I guess you need some tailored tour to match your taste rather than the typical packages with lots of visits to monuments.

Letgoiran is fine as far as I know.

However, the number of operators are booming on the net these days.

Check out their offers and compare.

Then you can ask comrades about the quality and reliability of their services.

Here is one suggestion:

www.irantravelservice.com

8. Re: A Reliable Local Tour Operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, February 20, 2012