We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Juffair OR Exhibition road in city centre

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
Juffair OR Exhibition road in city centre

hello there :)

I will be going to Manama for 2 weeks in October. after a long research on the hotel apartments suitable for me there is one in juffair and another on exhibition road.

Both of them are walking distance from good bodybuilding gyms and food stores (that what matters to me when i choose a hotel)

my questions are:

1-which area is cleaner and calmer?

2- is al juffair as vibrant as manama downtown with cafes and restaurants and grocery stores?

3- is al juffair far from manama's down town? or it is considered as suburbia and is in the middle of nowhere?

the hotel in al juffair is call Belair executive suits.

many thanks for your answer

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
146 posts
57 reviews
39 helpful votes
1. Re: Juffair OR Exhibition road in city centre

The lane that you will be staying in (Belair) has over 50 restaurants and cafes! It is also popularly known as the American Alley and is very close to the American Naval base. In my opinion, it is definitely better than staying at Exhibition road.

Juffair is close to Manama, you need not worry about transportation since lots of taxis are available near the hotel you mentioned. Calmer? - well, on weekends you can expect a lot of people in both areas but that shouldn't be much of a problem.

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Juffair OR Exhibition road in city centre

Thanks for your answer I appreciate it.

you said that Al juffair is close to Manama does that mean that as your it is outside Manama or is Al juffair another city?

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
146 posts
57 reviews
39 helpful votes
3. Re: Juffair OR Exhibition road in city centre

Basically they are different areas in Manama - Juffair and Manama centre. Exhibition road also comes in Manama district but is closer to the centre than Juffair.

Just a random fact - Bahrain is very small - some 780 square km in area!

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Juffair OR Exhibition road in city centre

thats i what i thought.

i just want to be in a convenient area where i am walking distance to a good body building gym and a good food/grocery stores and beach.

i don't drive and i just do not want to be isolated from the popular area.

I am half arab, so i do not mind if an area has americans or more arabs. i just want to be in a lively convenient area :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Juffair OR Exhibition road in city centre

why is it in your opinion staying at juffair on shahab ave is better than exhibition road if they are both similar in everything i require

6. Re: Juffair OR Exhibition road in city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 02, 2016