We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Work for "older" female?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Work for "older" female?

I see ads for jobs requiring females be under 30 or even under25. If I'm looking to get a job in a hotel or bar, will I be unsuccessful due to me being older than that? I'm an American.

Manama, Bahrain
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Work for "older" female?

Its not necessarily like that. Hotels prefer women to be under a certain age category for reasons best known to them but that is limited to table service. For all others kinds of jobs, i think experienced personnel are the preferred option. Don't let the adverts discourage you from applying.

2. Re: Work for "older" female?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 30, 2015