We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brunch with bacon?

US
Level Contributor
9 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Brunch with bacon?

I'lll be headed back to Bahrain next week. My husband and I would like to have a brunch (or even late lunch) that includes bacon. Ric's doesn't get the best of reviews. I'm just wondering if there are other places about that we can try. I don't know Bahrain well (coming from Saudi) so locations would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
48 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brunch with bacon?

The Diplomat Hotel do a great brunch but i honesty cant tell you if they serve Bacon or not. The Ritz Carlton, Crowne Plaza and Golden Tulip have decent Brunches

avoid ricks at all cost. been to their brunch and there bacon taste like plastic.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
55 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brunch with bacon?

You are in a muslim country - why would you be looking for bacon?

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brunch with bacon?

I go a lot for brunches, the best brunch you can find here is in Muju, the dragon resort in Amwaj and in Movenpick near the airport, both on Fridays but you will need a reservation. Movenpick is the best though. Bacon? Hmmm not sure, we wouldn't go if they served pork so can't help you on that.

Dhahran, Saudi...
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brunch with bacon?

If you are looking for breakfast with bacon then try Jims restaurant, The country club or the British club. As for brunches you won't find bacon at muju but you will at the Crowne Plaza, it's the best of the bunch at the mo in my opinion. Happy bacon hunting :)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brunch with bacon?

A lot of places now do something called turkey ham, thinly sliced pieces of smoked turkey that taste similar to ham supposedly. I know that's probably not the same as fried bacon, but it's halal and therefore permissible in Islam.

As mentioned by others, Bahrain is a Muslim country. Yes, alcohol is easily available there whether rightly or wrongly, but bacon and any other derivative of a pig is really pushing the limit for most Muslims, hence you won't find that stuff easily.

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brunch with bacon?

Woodyn- Thanks for the advice. Also, thanks for answering the question!

Edited: 12:42 pm, December 15, 2014
England, United...
Level Contributor
11,131 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brunch with bacon?

It may not be the same in Bahrain any more, and it is many years since I was there, but all the hotels we have stayed at in the UAE have had a " pork station" at the breakfast buffet, serving real bacon, pork sausages etc.

it is clearly labeled in English and Arabic, and is located away from the main servery areas in order not to offend Muslims.

We have found "pork stations" in 5 Hiltons in the UAE and at JA resorts too.

I hope this helps.

Mon

Arenas de San...
Level Contributor
747 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brunch with bacon?

The crowne plaza definitely has --- else if you can wiggle your way into one of the private clubs - dilmun or british

9. Re: Brunch with bacon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 27, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Manama