We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much to ship a car to Bahrain from Southern California

Boise, Idaho
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How much to ship a car to Bahrain from Southern California

Hello World!

Anyone ever ship their car from the US to Manama Bahrain? I am not US Military, but a Civilian that MIGHT accept a Job there. I have been to Bahrain on business at least 5 times over the last 3 years and I really like it a lot. If I don't accept the current job offer I will probably keep looking for other companies hiring there, but I wanted to first get an idea of cost to move my car and Household Goods. I have a 3 Bedroom Home now and it is me, my wife, and teenage daughter.

If anyone can tell me what it cost them to move from say the Western United States to ship their furniture and car, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Shawn

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
169 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much to ship a car to Bahrain from Southern California

Shawn,

You may want to contact one of the major logistics operatoes here in So Cal to get the best quote for the household goods+car moving package. I would suggest NorthAmerican or Allied. But honestly, unless you drive an exotic car, you'd be better off selling your car here and buying one there. I used to live in Bahrain and since you've been there a few times you know that Bahrain does have its share of nice cars. Same thing with your dwellings. Unless your new employer in Bahrain is going to fork out the money for the move, I would recommend a huge garage sale. Good Luck.

Boise, Idaho
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How much to ship a car to Bahrain from Southern California

Thank you very much! It sounds like it might be better to buy my furniture there also. My car is not really an Exotic, but I guess it is close. I have a 2005 Maserati. I really appreciate your input!

Shawn

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
56 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much to ship a car to Bahrain from Southern California

I recall one of my friends shipped his Tundra from the East Coast to Dubai and it cost him something in the region of $5000. He basically rented a container and shipped it by sea, after which it arrived to Dubai following a 6-8 week cruise (can't recall the exact duration as this was 7 years ago).

Try a site called uship.com - I believe it allows you to ask for bids regarding shipping. So might be worth your time.

Hope this helps.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,503 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much to ship a car to Bahrain from Southern California

Most leading brand cars are available in Bahrain, why ship something and spend, not worth doing this.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much to ship a car to Bahrain from Southern California

I'm researching the same kinds of questions, and yesterday found this site: ro-ro.internationalshippingusa.com/Home.aspx. Obviously, I'm not speaking from experience here and can't vouch for the company or the numbers they have published.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much to ship a car to Bahrain from Southern California

I'm researching the same kinds of questions, and yesterday found this site: ro-ro.internationalshippingusa.com/Home.aspx. Obviously, I'm not speaking from experience here and can't vouch for the company or the numbers they have published.

Edited: 8:29 pm, February 27, 2013
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much to ship a car to Bahrain from Southern California

double post

Edited: 8:30 pm, February 27, 2013
bahrain
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How much to ship a car to Bahrain from Southern California

Hi Shawn

I have bought and shipped afew cars from the US (classics). It is easy to buy second hand cars here as expats are always coming and going. really depends on what you want eg a 2007 Grand Cherokee in A1 consition will be about $16k.

For shipping, I have always used seabridge dot com

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much to ship a car to Bahrain from Southern California

To ship a car 4000-5500k. But I wouldn't recommend it, our cars here are cheaper and less mileage than the USA. Sea freight is the best, 4-5weeks. And a 2005 Maserati? Don't bring that here, you will loose value on that car here like a Chinese car!

10. Re: How much to ship a car to Bahrain from Southern California

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:29 am, January 16, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Manama