We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

living in Bahrain

Dover, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
living in Bahrain

I've have just recieved a job offer to work as a disc jockey in Bahrain.

Im a single guy with no children. I have an apartment being paid for, food & drink from the hotel free of charge and also my flights.

I shall be earning 750BHD/$1988/£1260 per month which is also tax free.

Is this practicle?

Would I be able to save money?

What is the average cost of living here?

any advice, tips and pointers would be great, thank you!

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: living in Bahrain

It seems a bit low but will you be also earning extra doing side shows and night gigs? You can live reasonably on this but I dont see you saving much.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: living in Bahrain

Hi there,

The money does seem to be a little on the low side. As noted above you can live reasonably but it depends on what you plan on doing in your spare time. I would say its near on impossible to save any.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: living in Bahrain

Many DJ's in Bahrain are from Philipines. Many do other projects to have extra income. Bahrain is not cheap. In short, I agree with the avobe posters.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: living in Bahrain

You can get a first impression on cost of living in Bahrain here: http://www.eardex.com

5. Re: living in Bahrain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Manama