We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour of Bahrain

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Tour of Bahrain

Hi again,

Am thinking of going to see the following on a Saturday:

- Tree of Life

- Sa'ar Temple

- Diraz Temple

- Barbar Temple

- Bahrain Fort

- Al Khamis Mosque

Would I be better off:

- taking a taxi from one place to another;

- or booking a taxi for 6 hours for BD25; or

- arrange through the hotel/ tour agency in Bahrain?

I'm travelling on my own by the way.

Any recommendations, suggestions and tips would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,385 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour of Bahrain

Hi,

If you can book a taxi for 6 hours for 25 BD I would opt for that. Indeed, it sounds like a pretty good deal. Even if you could book a tour through the hotel/tour agency it may not go to all of the places you wish to visit. Enjoy your time in Bahrain.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour of Bahrain

Hi again Andy,

Thanks for the reply. I picked up the info here:

http://bahrainairport.com/bia/taxi.htm

And apparently I missed out the "excluding" part, haha! *sigh*

May need to find a tour agency afterall, I guess...

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour of Bahrain

Hi near Manama bustard or in the backside of Gold city building you can see so many Pakistani drivers waiting with their cars without taxi boards. Fix the rate before start of the journey. They are much cheaper.

- taking a taxi from one place to another; This option not at all possible, taxis not available everywhere.

If you have international driving license you can go to rent a car, You will get car from BD 10/- for one day.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour of Bahrain

Hi indu99,

Thanks for your feedback. I have actually just returned from Bahrain and somehow managed to get hold of a tour operator over the weekend (contact via mobile and email on Friday for a tour on Saturday) to arrange for a just-over-4-hour private tour covering the following:

- Al Muharraq area

- Bahrain Fort

- A'ali Burial Mounds

- Tree of Life

- King Fahd Causeway

- Al Khamis Mosque

(I didn't want to include Al Muharraq and A'ali Burial Mounds by the way, but the guy recommended them to me, for which I'm quite happy). The guy, who is also the owner of the company, is a Bahraini and he explained quite a bit about each of the places that we visited.

The trip included free pick up and drop off at the hotel, refreshments and entry fees. I'm very pleased with the service, the condition of the car used, the personal attention, the explanation, and most of all, the price that he quoted; and for that I'm happy to recommend him/his company to anyone visiting or in transit requiring a tour of Manama and/or Bahrain:

http://aradoustours.com/

P/S: I did request for a quote from 2 other tour companies. 1 quote was almost double and based on a package which included places that I could have visited on my own, e.g. Masjid al Fateh & National Museum; and did not include all of the places that I wanted to go. Another company didn't get back to me at all.

Hope the above feedback/ recommendation would help some others looking for the same thing.

Thank you.

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour of Bahrain

Hi, Anonymous

Thank you for posting your personal experience and recommendations about Bahrain. Definitely it will be useful for others...

Indu99

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour of Bahrain

Yes, I surely hope so. Am hoping to write a full trip report too, complete with photos and ideas but a bit swamped with work at the moment. Would update it here once I'm done with the report.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour of Bahrain

Thanks for posting, IMO 25 BD is a good deal considering all the proposed sites. As for rental 10 BD is not a cake walk to get that price. Normally you will get a small sedan for that price when available. 12 to 13 BD IMO is the normal rate; however it may go down if for example if the F-1 is cancelled. During F-1 prices goes up fast.

Bahrain
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour of Bahrain

^^

+1

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour of Bahrain

Hi boricua-one,

Just to clarify that I didn't actually pay BD25 for the trip. Just a little bit more but not by much. That BD25 was my mistake as I misread the link which I gave in post #2 above.

10. Re: Tour of Bahrain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, June 19, 2013