We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer passengers into bahrain

berko
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
transfer passengers into bahrain

Hi

Has any-one got any info on transfer passengers into Bahrain air port as we are travelling via bahrain to Sri lanka from Heathrow following the recent troubles ?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,947 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer passengers into bahrain

See

http://www.bahrainflights.com/Default.aspx

All seems to operate normally. Will transit there 23rd night, if you see TA forum postings from me on 24th good chance that all went fine ;-)

<Erik>

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,947 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer passengers into bahrain

One word of warning: the 'troubles' DO affect the flight schedule, and they're cutting flights and rebooking passengers sometimes at short notice. GF just told me that the 13-Apr flight BAH-CDG disappears, now I fly back 14th. My agent is talking with them that they have to arrange the hotel for the extra night and food; if not it isn't a disaster for me as due to an earlier (non-trouble related) change now already I have a hotel for 18 hours in Manama...

All the best,

<Erik>

berko
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer passengers into bahrain

thanks Erik

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,947 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer passengers into bahrain

This also solved, met the transfer desk at BAH airport and they are much more helpful than the GF sales agents in Europe. Just be careful and doublecheck your flight schedule, they are making cuts now and you might be affected...

All the best,

<Erik>

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
83 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer passengers into bahrain

I transited Bahrain 4 days ago from Yemen-Bahrain-Cyprus. There are no problems what-so-ever. I even went into town as i had a lengthy layover, again, no problems.

…blogspot.com/2011/03/briefly-bahrain.html

6. Re: transfer passengers into bahrain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, October 27, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Manama