We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night near the airport

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
One night near the airport

I arrive at the airport at 21.30 and leave the next day at 11.30, and so need somewhere just to sleep and shower. Can anyone recommend somewhere convenient?

thanks

Pat

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night near the airport

The Crowne Plaza Hotel (formerly Holiday Inn) in Manama is a mere 10 mins drive from the airport, clean and safe and not too pricey.

www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/mnaba

Can also look at the Sheraton Hotel - perhaps a little more and same great location.

starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/…

Bahrain
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: One night near the airport

Hi Missindy,

I'd try the Moevenpick. It's right next to the airport (You could walk if you wanted to) and has the best breakfast buffet in town. Nice place as well. Would be around the same price as the Crown Plaza as well.

Gruetzi

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night near the airport

No budget hotels then in Bahrain?!

It's looking like I might as well pay more for a flight with better connections.

Any comments about Royal Jordanian?

Thanks

Pat

Dubai
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night near the airport

Oh you didnt say budget :)

Try these

This hotel is quite cheap and centrally located

http://www.gulfgatehotel.com/

Delmon Hotel is quite popular:

http://www.delmonhotel.com/

Another is

http://www.cp-bahrain.com/

Royal Jordanian isnt the greatest - Gulf Air is better

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One night near the airport

Thank you for your help.

The Gulf Gate Hotel has offered me a room for about £55 which is great, but here's my next question!

The flight I found on "terminal A" website (Bangkok to Larnaca via Bahrain) doesn't exist according to Gulf Air's call centre, so the flight that they offered me arrives in Bahrain at 12.30am. My flight out of Bahrain is at 11.30am the following day. Taking into account collecting luggage and getting to the Hotel, withdrawing currency, and arranging any necessary visas - will it be worth making my way to the hotel or are there good transit facilites in the airport?

This is my first trip since I moved to Cyprus from the UK which is why I'm finding it more difficult to plan than usual.

Thanks again!

Pat

Dubai
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One night near the airport

The Gulf Gate Hotel is not the best hotel and is known to be a bit seedy.

Bahrain AIrport is very streamlined and you will be our of the airport within 30 mins of landing - you can exchange currency at the airport and be in the hotel within 1 hour of landing.

SInce you have almost 11 hours I would recommend you go to the hotel - the airport is ok but the seats etc are not that comfy.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One night near the airport

Thank you for all your replies. I have read about the "Dilmun" lounge at the airport which I understand has recliners and showers available. I'm sure there will an entry fee. Anyone have any experience of this lounge?

Pat

8. Re: One night near the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, October 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Manama