We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Living In Bahrain

singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Cost of Living In Bahrain

Hi,

I am being posted to Bahrain to work and is given 1300BHD + 300BHD (for housing allowance).

I will like to know with such an amount is that possible for me (only myself) to have a decent and comfortable life in Bahrain?

Josh

Level Contributor
17 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Living In Bahrain

300BD is very very low. Rents in Bahrain are only going one way at the moment..

It depends upon what you are used to, in terms of accomodation, and what you aspire to in Bahrain.

You 'might' get accomodation for 300BD but it will be very very small, unfurnished, probably not in a very nice area, probably not maintained very well and you may well have to share.

As an estimate, a decent 1/2 BR flat FF in a nice area would cost in the region of 600BD per month, maybe more by now..

In terms of the salary you mention, you also need to consider if this is with a car, health care provision, paid leave etc..

Hope this gives you a bit more info.

Regards

N

2. Re: Cost of Living In Bahrain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Manama