We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat in Manama.

london
Level Contributor
162 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat in Manama.

Just booked a last minute 5 day break at the Ritz Carlton. We were going to Oman but direct flights were cancelled and we didnt like new flight times as we lost nearly 2 days holiday.So, can anyone give any advice as to where the best places are to eat in Manama? With live music would be a bonus!Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
56 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat in Manama.

Hope this isn't too late, but Trader Vic's at the Ritz Carlton itself is a very nice place to dine in.

There a bunch of restaurants in Adliya area (though I doubt any of them have live bands):

- Monsoon (Thai/Japanese)

- Upstairs Downstairs

- Coco's

- Mirai (Japanese)

- The Meat Co. (Steaks..etc)

- Senior Pacos

If you like Seafood, then you may enjoy "The Fish Market" restaurant (one branch in Manama's Diplomatic area, the other inside AlBandar club, Sitra)

bahrain
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat in Manama.

Those are good suggestions except for the Meat Co which is just a boring franchise at outrageous prices.

I would add Krumz Bistro (their dates wrapped in bacon are delicious).

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
56 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat in Manama.

Given I've never been to Meat Co (just heard about it) nor Krumz (never bothered...) - I guess I really can't confirm the quality of the food/service there.

All I can say is "Bon appetite" :P

bahrain
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat in Manama.

Oh, yes there is a live Jazz quartet at Upstairs/Downstairs on Thursday and the same band plays at Mezza Luna on Fridays

Hampshire
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat in Manama.

Are any of these restaurants within walking distance of the Ritz Carlton please? We are looking for good places to eat, but don't know what is liekly to be within easy reach of the RC.

Thanks.

6. Re: Where to eat in Manama.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 16, 2009