We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend Away for a Solo Female Traveler

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend Away for a Solo Female Traveler

Hi All,

I have been working & living in Riyadh for about 3.5 months now, and I'm looking forward to taking a weekend getaway. I'd love to go somewhere in the Middle East with a beach & a spa. Any recommendations?

Shukran!

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend Away for a Solo Female Traveler

there's a lot of nice places in middle east, I would recommended Aqaba,Jordan there's a lot nice places for beach and spy trip as well you can go to visit Petra one of the seven wonders in the world and Wadi Rum in short journey from aqaba . I hope that's helpful

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend Away for a Solo Female Traveler

Beach & spa? It's gotta be Dubai. Plenty of choice there.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend Away for a Solo Female Traveler

Hi,

I just spotted your post and i have a question that's unrelated. I hope it's ok to ask here...

I am considering a flight that takes me through Riyadh airport with a 16 hour stop over. I am a solo female traveller and was wondering how easy/difficult it is to travel into the city for a few hours to tour around a little? Is that possible and inexpensive?

I hope you found a weekend away!

L

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
717 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend Away for a Solo Female Traveler

Lisa, you cannot leave the airport in Riyadh on a stopover, and to be honest as a single female there's little to do and see, you would have needed an Abaya in any case,

Meaghan, for an inexpensive trip go to Dubai.......been 15 times whilst living in Middle East and it's really a great getaway ...otherwise Abu Dhabi..

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
270 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend Away for a Solo Female Traveler

Abu Dhabi is more or less a business city, not quite to par with Dubai. I'd rather go to Doha then Abu Dhabi. Depending on what you wish to do Dubai would be a great choice or even Muscat Oman is quite interesting.

6. Re: Weekend Away for a Solo Female Traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 31, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Riyadh