We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jobs Enquiry

MSIA
12 posts
Save Topic
Jobs Enquiry

Hi,

I have planned to join my husband in Riyadh soon.

I am IT professional and looking for a job in Riyadh.

I have a few questions, hope that anyone could assist:-

1. If i need to work in Riyadh, do i need to have my own work permit eventhough I am staying there following my husband?

2. Does women allow to work in IT sectors - consultant, it provider companies?

Regards,

ZOORA

Desert
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jobs Enquiry

Welcome to Saudi Arabia, heaven on earth

answers:

1. U don't need a work permit, u need what they call Ëqamah" and u will have it cuz u r sponsored by ur husband

2. Yeap. At least i know Saudi Aramco allows women to work in IT. May be Saudi Banks and some other companies. If u need help in Aramco IT employment, then just drop me a line

have a nice day

MSIA
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jobs Enquiry

dear whitewolf,

Thanks for the tips.Really appreciate it.

How shall we do about applying to saudi Aramco IT position? I would only be in Riyadh earliest Feb next.

Thank you.

Regards,

ZOORA

Desert
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Jobs Enquiry

hi again

well, visit Saudi Aramco web www.saudiaramco.com and check if u can e-mail them ur Questions. I am not sure about Riyadh, but in Dhaharan, i am sure they have IT department that is full of nice and cute Saudi girls (employees) :)

I have another idea, have ur husband to work on this issue till u join him next Feb. He can visit Saudi Aramco in Riyadh and ask them face 2 face

again, welcome to Saudi Arabia. Wished ur husband work location was in eastern provience not in Riyadh cuz E/provience people are more educated and open minded .

MSIA
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jobs Enquiry

Hi...

thanks for the tips. Appreciate if you could suggest any other companies hiring female IT candidates??

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
219 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jobs Enquiry

If you are following your husband out & are sponsored by his company then there is normally no problem with you getting a job for yourself. Normally this will come under the guise of 'local hire'. Women working in Saudi is expanding, slowly, but expanding.

Probably the best thing is to wait until you get here & ask around through new friends, or people your husband comes in contact with, & maybe your consulate may have contacts.

Hope that goes to help a bit.

6. Re: Jobs Enquiry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, October 12, 2009