We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Hilton towers

Which Mecca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Advice Hilton towers

We are two families going to do umrah inshallah in dec this year. I am looking at hotels close to haram as possible as we have young kids.

Hilton hotel has some offers on booking direct with them. I am not sure if I should book direct or will I be able to get it cheaper via agent. The agent I use said come back in September to book flights I am worried the price might be higher.

Other question I have is I am considering hilton towers as it makes a difference of 300 quid compared to hilton hotel.

Has anyone stayed there and do you recommend it. Which tower is the best to stay in terms if facilities like lifts.

Also to go to the shopping complex can you up internally or do you have to exit the hotel. Any advice will be greatly appreciated as we will be travelling with young children. JZK

riyadh
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Hilton towers

Hello,

I just came back and did Umrah, I am living in Saudi Arabia in Riyadh,, hilton has two branches one is close as you said but the other is a little bit far (two streets to cross),, so when you do the booking be careful.

The other thing i would really advise you to do is to book at Pullman Zamzam, the lifts are good, the servise too,, and it's very close to Haram,,

May Allah accept your Ummrah and ease it for you,,

Middelburg...
Level Contributor
71 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Hilton towers

Wasalaam I just returned from Umrah.I Stayed at Royal Darul Eiman is Safwa Towers,A Good hotel very close to Haram,There are about 4 Hotels in SAFWA Towers would recommend any one in there.Royal Orchard also a very nice hotel.The Hilton TOWERS are apartments.

Kenner, Louisiana
Level Contributor
18 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice Hilton towers

I have stayed at both the Hilton and Hilton Towers --- the Hilton is nicer and more updated but they only allow 2 people in the room. If you have more than 2 people, you can either book multiple rooms or book the Towers which an accommodate 3-5 people. The Towers are older, not updated and are not as comfortable as the Hilton.

The InterContinental Hotel is right next to the Hilton and that is newly built so I would try that hotel as well.

In terms of access to the shopping complex -- its an older shopping complex so the first 2 floors have clothing, jewelry and other such stores, a shopping market, and a couple of food options; it is very crowded though. The good thing is that you can access the hotel either through the mall or from the outside, depending on which tower you are in. We were in tower 5 so that had direct access to the outside plus the inside (and didnt have to travel the mall to get to the access).

There is a bigger mall further down that is newly built that has a better and newer selection of food options -- but beware that the food options are limited.

Also -- if you are shopping in the supermarkets, the same supermarket has a branch in the Hilton complex as well as the clock tower complex but the prices are different.

Also --- if you are getting a local SIM, wait until you get to Makkah because they were cheaper than the ones that were available at Jeddah Airport. *there is a STC shop right across from the Hilton and they have cheap SIMs available)

4. Re: Advice Hilton towers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 17, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Mecca