We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Umrah Questions

Toronto, Ontario...
2 posts
Save Topic
Umrah Questions

Assalamu alaikum,

I am going for Umrah from Toronto Canada in 2 weeks inshallah. Since this will be my first Umrah and my first visits to Saudi Arabia I have following questions:

• I will reach Jeddah around 7:00 PM and then I am planning to go to Mekkah and I have not booked any hotel. I am planning to book it there myself. Any recommendations on how to get to Mekkah and book cheap hotels (which one?)

• If I want to perform 2nd Umrah and I am staying in Makah then what place is miqat for my 2nd Umrah

• If I am stying in Medina and I want to perform 3rd Umrah then what place is miqat for my 3rd Umrah

• Do I have to perfume Tawaf Al-Ifadah

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Jeddah
Jeddah
Makkah Province, Saudi Arabia
Kaaba
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites
Grand Mosque
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Safa to Marwa
Black Stone
Level Contributor
11 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Umrah Questions

• If I want to perform 2nd Umrah and I am staying in Makah then what place is miqat for my 2nd Umrah

you can either go to jaranah, masjid hudaibiah or tanaim/taneem (you can go here by bus or taxi). tanaim is the nearest miqat

• If I am stying in Medina and I want to perform 3rd Umrah then what place is miqat for my 3rd Umrah

the miqat for those coming from madinah is Dhul-Hulayfah (or more commonly known as bir ali)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Umrah Questions

Tawaf al Ifadah is only performed by hajjis during Hajj.

Upon leaving Makkah, a pilgrim's last act should be Tawaf al Wida, or the farewell tawaf. This is to be done after Hajj & Umrah.

Pakistan
Level Contributor
180 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Umrah Questions

Ws I suggest you book a hotel before going to Makkah as this is the peak season and getting a hotel upon arrival would be difficult if not impossible. You would be in ihram, really tired of the journey plus you would be eager to go and perform umrah and in this setting if you add the havoc of finding a suitable hotel then it would be too much to add to your plate. Its better you get a hotel before hand, don't go for starred hotels but find a one which is near haram. You can get a number of economical hotels on Ibrahim khaleel road which are just 5 mins from the haram like burj sultan.

4. Re: Umrah Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 04, 2015