We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Visa updates in Ramdhan

Which Mecca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
New Visa updates in Ramdhan

Any new visa update from Saudi Authories for Hajj and Umrah?

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Visa updates in Ramdhan

I booked a ramadhan package and was suppose to on 19th but never got the visa. i used "London Travel and Tours Ltd" and will never recommend it to any one - never ever. I was told that majority of the travel agents never got the visa for ramadhan. The worst part is that they are not refunding back my full amount. They are saying that they will deduct airline cancellation and hotel cancellation fees which does not make sense. As it was not my fault. I booked the package by calling and they never mentioned about any terms and conditions that if the visa does not arrive they will not refund the money. This just came about when i started making noise of getting my money back.

I have sent them legal notice and will be pursuing a claim using the small claim of the HM Court and tribunal service.

Please beware of such situations. This year i have heard that a lot of small companies are not getting visas. So make sure you book your package using a big reputable company and do not go after cheap prices.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Visa updates in Ramdhan

I have heard about restrictions that they are not issuing visas to elderly persons, Kids (under 12) and pregnant women. Apart from that there is a huge visa problem due to the viral spread in KSA and Haram construction work.

Other guidelines can be found in the Saudi Ministry website.

“Umrah visa is valid for 30 days only. This does not mean that you can stay in Saudi Arabia for 30 days. Within these 30 days you should perform Umrah, making sure your departure from Saudi Arabia is within two weeks of the date of entry.

The visa for Umrah in Ramadan cannot exceed the last day of Ramadan. You should leave Saudi Arabia by the end of Ramadan and cannot have Eid-ul-Fitr there.”

Link to the website is pasted below for reference where the above text has been extracted.

http://www.hajinformation.com/main/t1505.htm

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,362 posts
1,660 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Visa updates in Ramdhan

It is nothing to do with small travel agents. This year it has been chaos regarding the issuing for UK travellers for Ramadan Umrah, no matter who you booked with. The blame lies with the Saudi government who limited visas and stopped issuing new visas at short notice leaving many people who had booked flights and hotels in advance stranded. I would add that members of my family have been left without a visa, whilst some people did get them at the last minute as the Saudi's eased the restrictions at the last moment.

It may be a case that the Saudi's have made an example of UK visitors who are performing Umrah during Ramadan in increasing numbers and some are overstaying in breach of their visa conditions.

London, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Visa updates in Ramdhan

Thank you guys for all this informative knowledge. I had researched on this issue Saudia Govt restricted Umrah/hajj operators from all around the World for limiting the Hajj quote to 20 % this year due to Mataf extensions. Disable people are also restricted not to come in rush timings and people who are patients and who are facing different health issues are not allowed in this Hajj 2013 program.Health certificate while travling for Umrah and Hajj is now announced compulsory by Saudi Health Ministry. In Ramadhan , Pilgrims are restricted to just stay for 15 days in the KSA. So there are many other restriction listed by Saudi Govt.

http://www.britishhajtravel.com/

5. Re: New Visa updates in Ramdhan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 28, 2014