We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel for 1 day visit

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Best Hotel for 1 day visit

Hi

Will be visiting dead sea from aman in April. Plan to take a taxi for a full day and visit Mount Nebo before arriving at a Dead sea hotel, where we plan to stop for 4-5hours. Returning to Amam via Dead sea Panarama.

Want to do this in style. Whats the best hotel for a day visit, maybe also have a spa?

Any good reliable and honest taxi services?

Any other tips?

Thanks

Marvin

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel for 1 day visit

out of all the 6 hotels at the Dead Sea,,, I have always found the Marriott the most enjoyable, with a nice layout.

marriott.com/hotels/…

the Kempinski is a dash more expensive, and i find it a bit of a stiff hotel;

kempinski.com/en/…

the Movenpick IMO is getting a bit old and shabby in some places.

moevenpick-hotels.com/en/…

you also have the Holiday Inn and the New Crowne Plaza, plus the oldest hotel there, the Dead Sea Spa ( avoid it unless you are on a budget)

ciao

A99

Petra
Level Contributor
2,534 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel for 1 day visit

Hi,

Me too I like the Marriott Hotel at the Dead Sea, it has a great spa. However some 5* hotels might not take "day guests" in high season or charge you a ridiculous price hoping you will just try the next one. So let the taxi wait while you go in to ask, you might need him to take you to the next hotel...

A driver I like to work with is Osama Manaseer. If you like I can send him his e-mail in a private message. Last few times I added it in my posts they were removed for some reason ...

Patricia (Petra B&B)

3. Re: Best Hotel for 1 day visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 28, 2014