We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maternity Care in Amman

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Maternity Care in Amman

My husband and I will be travelling to Jordan next month. I recently found out that I am pregnant and will be 18-19 weeks while we are in Jordan. We're still very much looking forward to our trip, but I want to be prepared with information regarding maternity care should it be needed in an emergency while we are there. Would anyone be able to recommend a hospital or obstetrician just in case? We will have travel insurance that covers pregnancy. I will not be seeking routine care while in Jordan, but want to have contact information and some idea of high-quality providers in the event they are needed.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
10,623 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maternity Care in Amman

Hi JOrdan is known to have one of the best medical hospitals in the Middle East.People come for treatment from all neighbouring countries.

When in Amman if you need to just ask taxi to go to Jordan Hospital or Farah Hospital these are the best two hospitals in Amman for women and maternity/. Hospitals are not cheap it is prudent to have travel insurance cover

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel. n;

Mentioned in this post
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
Amman
Amman
Amman Governorate, Jordan
Farah Hotel
Farah Hotel
186 Reviews
Amman, Jordan
Amman Pasha Hotel
Amman Pasha Hotel
1,050 Reviews
Amman, Jordan
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maternity Care in Amman

Thank you very much for your help!

Amman Governorate...
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maternity Care in Amman

Hi dear,

I think as long as you are taking care of yourself in walking while visiting the sights, it will be fine.

there are multiple hospitals and around Amman and you can go to the emergency section in it in case for any sudden issue.

Mentioned in this post
Amman
Amman
Amman Governorate, Jordan
4. Re: Maternity Care in Amman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 07, 2016