We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Double entry for a short trip to Egypt

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Double entry for a short trip to Egypt

On an upcoming trip to Jordan, my husband and I are hoping to pop over to Cairo for a couple of days since we're in the region. I'm confused about visas and couldn't find the specific answer on the boards by doing a search. We'll be arriving in Jordan via the Amman airport, doing a 6 day tour, hopefully going to Cairo for a couple of days by air, and then coming back to Jordan for the flight home. We may stay in the airport, but it's more likely we'll spend another evening in Amman before flying home the next day. So...will the original visas from the airport cover both entries? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

1. Re: Double entry for a short trip to Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:31 pm, November 30, 2014
NYC
Level Contributor
192 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Double entry for a short trip to Egypt

If you stay in the airport you do not need a second entry visa. If you are going to stay at an airport hotel you may be able to get a transit visa for your second entry. I did it but my airline took care of it and I am not sure how you would go about doing that yourself.

Probably the best option is to just pay for a double entry visa the first time you come in. It is more expensive then a single entry but not double the price so better to get the double then 2 singles.

Edited: 9:42 pm, September 19, 2014
Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
10,971 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Double entry for a short trip to Egypt

At airport you can get only SINGLE entry visa on arrival.

Second visit if you are staying less than 24 hours you could get a transit visa free you have to convince the immigration officer

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Double entry for a short trip to Egypt

Thanks, all! I appreciate the help. *trots off to figure out how to get a double-entry visa just in case*

Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
10,971 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Double entry for a short trip to Egypt

A double entry visa can be obtained in advance at the Jordan embassy i n your country.you pay for it 80 jod

cheers

raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Amman
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Double entry for a short trip to Egypt

jordanembassyus.org/page/consulate-forms

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Double entry for a short trip to Egypt

Hi! I would love to hear how you get on with your quick trip to Egypt. We are travelling with our 3 children to Israel and Jordan in January and would love to do the same as you and a quick fly in to Cairo. Who are you flying with to Cairo and is it expensive? Kind Regards. Anne

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Double entry for a short trip to Egypt

Thanks again, all! @Anne, you'll take your trip before we do. I just wanted to be fully prepared in case we need to go through embassies, etc. Amman to Cairo and back looks like it's running $250 USD round trip per person but that's just preliminary searches. It's worth it for my husband and myself as we probably won't be back in this region of the world any time soon. For a family of 5, I could see it getting to be too expensive, though.

9. Re: Double entry for a short trip to Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 24, 2015