We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas for Jordan

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visas for Jordan

Can I get a Jordan visa at Amman airport while in transit for future use?

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visas for Jordan

The tourist visa on arrival (single/multiple entry) you get at Queen Alia airport in valid for 1 month stay and good for the 3 months from the date of issue so as long as you will be entering Jordan again within the 3 month period then you can use it.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,638 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visas for Jordan

you get visa when arrive amman airport but I guess it has to expire(becomes invalid) when you leave?

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Visas for Jordan

This is if you are Australian, of course! Visas depend on the nationality, so you should tell us this when asking any visa question.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visas for Jordan

Thanks for your reply. I am Australian. I am transiting Jordan en route to Tel Aviv. I will not be going through customs but I wanted to buy a visa to use when I drive back a few days later from Tel Aviv. Can I do this without entering Jordan, and if so, should it be a multiple entry visa.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Visas for Jordan

Thanks for replying. Would it expire if we didn't enter the country at that stage?

Dar es Salaam...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visas for Jordan

i am an Indian Citizen residing in Tanzania. I have read Indian citizens with Indian passport can get visa on arrival at Amman airport. i plan to visit Joran next week for toursim . But the airlines ( qatar airways) are saying otherwise. They say Indians need to have visa prior visit.

i will be grateful if someone can clarify what is correct. looking forwar for reply.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,638 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visas for Jordan

Airlines want to protect their interest .If you sign a letter of indemnity they are happy to let your board the pane..

Indians arriving jordan by air can get single entry visa for one week can be renewed for another week from police

You must have some cash $ 1000 plus confirmed accommodation from hotel and residency of another county will help too.

I suggest try stay in downtown hotel for convenient and also you can share day trips as there are hotels that arrange for tours for their guests where you share the cost as well.

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Dar es Salaam...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Visas for Jordan

Thank you verymuch Raymond for your post. i will talk to the airlines to see if they can agree.

Have a nice day!

Regards.

9. Re: Visas for Jordan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 12, 2015