We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet to Amman 2014

Which Amman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet to Amman 2014

Hi I am planning a 3 week trip to Jordan and Israel for next May. I was intending on flying into Tel Aviv and out of Amman however when I come to put the info in for the flight back to the UK from Amman on Easyjet it says that the flight is not available and to check to the timetable. On the timetable from 3rd May 2014 there are no flights for the whole year, is this just because they havent' been scheduled for sale yet or have they completely stopped flying there as of may 2014? If so this really puts my plans in trouble as all the other airlines are out of my budget range!?

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
359 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet to Amman 2014

Don't know, but easyjet is one of the popular flights going to Jordan , maybe as you mentioned they haven't been scheduled for sale yet.

Wael Majdalawieh

Tour guide / The One Jor . Private Tours

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
287 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet to Amman 2014

Greetings from Amman !!

There are rumors that Easy Jet will stop there flights to Jordan in 2014 .

Yet the company has not yet announced it. It will be a great loss.

Sincerely,

Mohannad Ali

Arab Tower Hotel

Edited: 2:11 pm, December 08, 2013
Amman
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet to Amman 2014

Did you check Egypt Air? They have good rates and a generous luggage allowance.

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet to Amman 2014

i am a very regular easyJet passenger between gatwick and Amman. . .i had flights booked in May and July and easyJet have cancelled them . . .

they seem to be stopping flying to Jordan, though there are rumours that they might start flights to Aqaba instead of Amman. . .

this is indeed a big shame. . . .and it would be very interesting to know why. . . the flights are always full or virtually full and the impact on Jordan has been quite significant, bringing intelligent independent tourists to the country

if you find out anything then please post it here. . .thanks. . . tudor Injordan

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet to Amman 2014

Does anyone have any updates on this thread as I'm also looking to book flights this summer...

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
359 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet to Amman 2014

Last update that easyjet will stop flights to Amman starting from the begging of May 2014, because of ghe high amount of taxes

Wael Majdalawieh

Tour guide / the one JOR - Private Tours

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet to Amman 2014

Hi Keylight,

They are flying now and they are in negotiation with the Jordanian government but it seems all will be unfortunately cancelled. Hopefully there will be another cheap airline operating instead.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us any time. Wishing you a great time in Jordan...

Jordan Tours & Travel.

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
359 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet to Amman 2014

yes the new is that the government of Jordan is charging them 40.00 JD per passenger which's high rate according to easy-jet, so the present contract ended at the end of April 2014, they are gonna stop flights to Amman starting from 1st May, 2014

Wael Majdalawieh

Tour Guide / The One JOR - Private Tours

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet to Amman 2014

I wouldn't be so relaxed about it Jordan Tours & Travel . . . easyJet is far and away the best of the budget airlines; the flights to Jordan have been wonderful . . . and for us incredibly successful bringing us many many visitors to our rental apartments and for our friend and colleague, Saleh Musa of wadirumtours dot com who we help and support as friends. . .it's no exaggeration to say it's a massive step backwards for Jordan at precisely the time we should be moving forwards!!

Edited: 11:00 am, January 09, 2014
Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet to Amman 2014

Do you know if there are any plans to have the flights reinstated or for them to be flying to Aqaba?