We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Ma'an by Bus

Islamabad, Pakistan
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Airport to Ma'an by Bus

Hi,

I am planning to visit Petra in start of Jan. I have heard that taxi cost from Ma'an to Petra is really cheap. My budget is very low as i m a solo traveler and dont want to do very expensive traveling and i have only one day to stay. My question is is this true that taxi cost is really cheap from Ma'an to Petra. If yes then is there a way i can take bus from Amman airport to Ma'an and then take taxi from their. How far Ma'an is from airport. Please give me an idea of much this will cost. Thanks in advance..

Special Offer
3-Night Jordan Private Tour: Petra...
89 reviews
from $410.62*
$456.25
2-Day Petra, Wadi Rum, Red Sea and...
19 reviews
from $199.00*
Special Offer
Private Tour: Petra Day Trip...
69 reviews
from $196.87*
$218.75
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
9,167 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Ma'an by Bus

from Airport must go to Amman by airport bus 3 jod then take taxi to Mujamaa Janoobi 4 jod.there you take a mini bus to Maan.

From Maan to Petra same find a mini bus to Petra $ 2.

cheers

raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Amman
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Ma'an by Bus

Not sure if you can do this by public transport in just one day. All depends on arrival and departure time.

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Ma'an by Bus

Welcome to Jordan

When you get Al Mujamaa Al-Janoobi there will be many minibuses "direct" to Petra, and no need to go to Ma'an

Last minibus from Amman "Al Mujamaa Al-Janoobi" to Petra depart around 15:00 (Depends on passengers)

Ma'an 30km (25 minutes) from Petra, and taxi cost approx 10JOD.

From airport to Ma'an 2.5-3hrs. Bus cost approx 5JOD

From airport to Petra 3hrs. Bus cost approx 5JOD

65-70JOD for private car direct from airport to Petra.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me for any inquiry

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Islamabad, Pakistan
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Ma'an by Bus

Thank you every one, this is really helpful info for me. My flight is at 10 am in the morning. I don't want to miss Petra. So will it be possible that I will reach Petra by 2 or 3 pm. And after check in at my hotel I can visit Petra same day and next day leave in the morning to see Aqaba and Amman downtown and then leave for airport as I have flight that day at 5:30pm. Any further advise please. Thanks

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
359 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Ma'an by Bus

Hi

Just take the airport bus to Amman , then a taxi ti southern bus station ( Mujammeh Janobi), take the mini bus to Wadi Mousa (Petra) in 4-5 hrs you will be there if you're lucky , there's no scheduled time for the bus you will wait until it full of passengers.

Enjoy

Wael Majdalawieh

Tour guide / The One Jor . Private tours

Islamabad, Pakistan
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Ma'an by Bus

Thank you Wael, i hope i will be able to reach Petra on time.. But how about weather in January. Is it too cold and is the tourism almost dead in this time?? or still i will find tourists their.

Thanks

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Ma'an by Bus

Jiya81 If you don't want miss Petra, my advice to you take car direct from airport to Petra.

You will land at 10am, and you need at least 30 minutes at the immigration, then at least 40 minutes from airport to Amman, and 20 minutes to southern bus station, and 3 hours to Petra from Amman, also sometimes you have to wait at the southern bus station more than hour for passengers!! Moreover the sunset in January around 18:00

Yes it is cold in January, but there will be many tourists

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
359 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Ma'an by Bus

Yes it'll be cold 1-8 C

Islamabad, Pakistan
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to Ma'an by Bus

Thank you Ali and Wael. I am still trying to find some good better rates for Taxi, so that i can directly go to Petra. If you know anyone who can quote below 50JD from Airport to Petra, just please let me know.

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to Ma'an by Bus

60 JOD maybe you'll find a car, but 50 JOD would be difficult!!