We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

layover in Amman

Which Amman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
istanbul
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
layover in Amman

Hello my mother and me will be in Amman, Jordan - Queen Alia on saturday . We are coming from Istanbul. We have a 9.5 hours layover. (from 16:40 pm to 2:00 am)

On the way back we wil have a 6 hours layover. (this is from 5:15 am to 11:20 am on sunday)

We are coming with royal jordanian.

For those hours what would you advise us? Our first layover is evening (from 16:40 pm to 2:00 am- totally 9.5 hours) and return is in the morning.

May i also learn the prices. Thank you in advance.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,507 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: layover in Amman

First layover is better timing to visit Amman

tie up with a taxi meet you on arrival.

driving time to city one hour each way.

drive to downtown direct to Amman Citadel Mountain for terrific views of the city below and the Roman theater.

stroll in the Hashemite square ,souq Jabal Amman Rainbow street have a meal,and may be a Turkish bath

before heading to airport for departure.

a taxi cost around $ 90 he remains with you for duration of layover.

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

istanbul
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: layover in Amman

Thank you very much for your reply

By the way, I am coming from Turkey so Turkish bath in jordan is not so much attractive :)

3. Re: layover in Amman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 12, 2014