We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxi vs private driver to Petra and itinerary quest

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
289 posts
333 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of taxi vs private driver to Petra and itinerary quest

Hi. I have looked all over the forum and have a great rec for a private driver, but I am curious about the cost.

We land at 6am and will want to go straight to Petra. Since we wont' be doing any sights on the drive, I just want what is cheapest. In your opinion how much is a taxi to Petra and how much is a private driver?

Also - we will do Wadi RUm after, and then will want to do the driving sights on the kings Hwy en route back to Amman. FOr this I will need a private driver and will do that. But how long does it take to leave Wadi Rum, see the Dead Sea, Mt Nebo, Kerak, and Madaba? What time should I leave Wadi? We actually have a flight that night at 4am, so we have a full day to do it all. Any suggestions as to when to start, how long to be at each, where to hang out before the flight at 4am?

THANKS!!!

Mentioned in this post
Wadi Rum
Wadi Rum
Al Aqabah Governorate, Jordan
Amman
Amman
Amman Governorate, Jordan
Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
359 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Cost of taxi vs private driver to Petra and itinerary quest

Hi

The Taxi and the private car are the same rate in these days, it's low tourism season, so they're looking to make business.

here's the itinerary and the prices

Day 1 Amman airport to Petra, visit the site & overnight - 75.00 JOD

Day 2 Petra visit proceed to Little Petra and afternoon drive south to Wadi Rum, Jeep ride and sunset, overnight Bedouin camp Wadi Rum - 45.00 JOD.

Day 3 After breakfast drive north through the Kings way to Kerak Castle then Madaba & Mount Nebo proceed to the Dead Sea estimate time 3:00 PM - 100.00 JOD.

Day 4 Leisure time at the Dead Sea then a visit to Jerash city or to Amman city, and to the airport - 90.00 JOD.

Hope that meet your needs , also do your homework on the internet about the sites , cities and the routes.

Enjoy your visit to Jordan

Wael majdalawieh

Tour guide / the one jor

Mentioned in this post
Wadi Rum
Wadi Rum
Mount Nebo
Mount Nebo
1,327 Reviews
Madaba, Jordan
Amman
Amman
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
sydney
Level Contributor
316 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Cost of taxi vs private driver to Petra and itinerary quest

omar can i ask too since we will be doing this trip...

We wil arrive in Amman and go to Petra the next day.

Will arrange driver at hotel. THen From Petra to W/rum.

How much will need to pay for 6 people to go from Wadi Rum to Madaba by taxi or private drive?

Is it difficult to get a driver at Wadi rum? If so how do i prebook this?

. Is KH the quickest route? We don't want to go back to AMman. Just straight to Madaba.

cheers cl

Mentioned in this post
Amman
Amman
Wadi Rum
Wadi Rum
sydney
Level Contributor
316 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Cost of taxi vs private driver to Petra and itinerary quest

meant to ask too, we are going then from Madaba to Jerusalem. What is best way to get there - taxi for 6 - can someone advise costs please? for last week dec

Mentioned in this post
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
10,018 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Cost of taxi vs private driver to Petra and itinerary quest

Cluey

From Madaba to Jerusalem cost for 6 persons around Jod 140 .takes 3-4 hours.

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Mentioned in this post
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Amman Pasha Hotel
Amman Pasha Hotel
1,029 Reviews
Amman, Jordan
Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
359 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Cost of taxi vs private driver to Petra and itinerary quest

Hi

The rate from Wadi Rum is 140.00 JOD

To King Hussein bridge from Amman 45.00 JOD

Wael Majdalawieh

Tour guide / the one jor

Mentioned in this post
Wadi Rum
Wadi Rum
Amman
Amman
26. Re: Cost of taxi vs private driver to Petra and itinerary quest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 29, 2017
27. Re: Cost of taxi vs private driver to Petra and itinerary quest

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:42 am, May 21, 2014
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Cost of taxi vs private driver to Petra and itinerary quest

Do you have the name of a private driver who can pick me up in Amman Dec 24 to drive me to Petra?

Edited: 1:42 am, December 12, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Amman
Amman
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Cost of taxi vs private driver to Petra and itinerary quest

Is it just as easy to pick up a taxi in Amman to drive to Petra than hiring a private driver?

Edited: 1:43 am, December 12, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Amman
Amman
30. Re: Cost of taxi vs private driver to Petra and itinerary quest

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:19 am, December 13, 2014