We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allenby Bridge in Jordan to Amman International Airport

Which Amman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Allenby Bridge in Jordan to Amman International Airport

Can anyone pls tell me what is the quickest way to get to Amman Inter Airport from Allenby Bridge in Jordan. I have booked a flight leaving Amman airport at 4:00pm on Sunday and I stay at Jerusalem on Saturday night.If taxi is the quickest way then how difficult to find a taxi at Jordanian terminal, any waiting time and how much i expect to pay. and is there any alternative without a chance to miss my flight.

Thank you for your reply

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,518 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allenby Bridge in Jordan to Amman International Airport

Canbrran welcome to Jordan

It is easy to find a taxi on the Jordan side of borders at King Hussein Bridge..You pay around 30 Jod negotiable.It takes less than one hour to airport.

From Jerusalem allow at least 4 hours to ge to airport including border crossing formalties.

If you plan well you can stop to visit Mt.Nebo and Madaba or the Dead Sea on your way if you have not seen these sites already..these sites are on more or less can be on same route.

cheers

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Allenby Bridge in Jordan to Amman International Airport

Hi guest

Welcome to Jordan

By bus or shared taxi from Jerusalem to Allenby border, them taxi from Jordan side to airport.

Please note: You need visa in advance if you want come to Jordan via Allenby border

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

3. Re: Allenby Bridge in Jordan to Amman International Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:33 am, February 15, 2013
Edited: 4:33 am, February 15, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allenby Bridge in Jordan to Amman International Airport

Pay attention to what Ali is saying - you can't get through Allenby border crossing if you don't set up a Jordanian visa in advance!

Or - if you use another crossing (The Jordan River/Sheikh Hussein border crossing near Beit She'an in northern Israel) but this will add a lot of time to your journey (however it might be your only option if you don't set up your visa). If you cross at the Jordan River/Sheikh Hussein border crossing, you will get a Jordanian visa on-spot.

Canberra, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Allenby Bridge in Jordan to Amman International Airport

Thank you all for your replies, that definitely help.

Canberra, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Allenby Bridge in Jordan to Amman International Airport

I travel with Australian passport and arrive at Amman International airport, I intend to be in Jordan for a week before crossing the border at Allenby bridge and come back at the same bridge so I guess I will be OK at the border with Jordanian authority but what about Israel, do I need to arrange the visa for entering Israel before arriving at Allenby bridge ? pls advise. Thanks

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Allenby Bridge in Jordan to Amman International Airport

Australian Passport get a tourist visa on entry on all Israeli border terminals, including Allenby. No need to pre-arrange anything.

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Allenby Bridge in Jordan to Amman International Airport

you can leave Jordan to Israel through Allenby Bridge and return on the same visa.

It is an "unofficial" border defined as a Crossing Point by the Jordanian side. In Jordan it is known as the King Hussein Bridge.

no need to arrange for an Israel visa.

ciao

A99

Amman, Jordan
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Allenby Bridge in Jordan to Amman International Airport

So here is the question one more time. There are so many different stories.

I will be crossing into Israel from Jordan at the Allenby Bridge and then crossing back into Jordan at the northern border crossing. Do I need to get a visa before leaving Jordan to enter back into Jordan? Thanks Chris

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,518 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Allenby Bridge in Jordan to Amman International Airport

I think if your cross back into Jordan at Sheik Hussein Bridge in the north of the country you would need to buy a new visa for 20 jod( at least you can get one)

Lets wait and see what others have to say

cheers