We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closing times

Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Closing times

What time does the border close on Monday nights for KHB border crossing? do they close? or are they 24/7? We are thinking of crossing into Israel from Jordan to visit my family in Bethlehem on Sunday Sept 16th spend the night visit Jerusalem On Monday Sept 17th and make our way back in the evening to Jordan after dinner.

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Closing times

Check out …usconsulate.gov/pdfs/crossings_israel-jorda…

You can see that the border closes at 2.30pm and you are advised to arrive an hour before to have a chance of crossing.

1. Hours of Operation:

Israeli side: 7 days a week all year round, except (Jewish) Yom Kippur and the first day of (Muslim) Eid El-Adha in which the Palestinian Section is closed.

• For tourists and non-diplomats: Sun – Thurs., 8:00am to 4:30pm* (*for humanitarian purposes only, the bridge is also open between 4:30pm to 8pm); Fri – Sat 8:00am – 3:00pm.

• Hours for diplomats: Sunday – Thursday 8:00am to 8:00pm; Friday – Saturday 8:00am – 2:30pm. In all cases, individuals are advised to arrive at the terminal one hour before closing time.

Jordanian side: closed on the same days.

• Hours for tourists and non-diplomats: Sunday – Thursday 8:00am – 2:30pm; Friday – Saturday 8:00am – 11:30pm.

• Hours for diplomats: Sun. – Thurs. 8am – 6pm; Fri – Sat 8am – 3pm.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,092 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closing times

The above are normal closing time for border crossing at KHB.

This border crossing has limited capacity .

Times like Umrah once they have reached the number of visitors the border crossing can close much earlier.It is better to check your hotel or taxi drivers before you head to the bridge

cheers

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closing times

Hi, Thanks for the link to the usconsolate site, very useful.

Being from the UK would i require a visa in advance or is it granted at KHB border crossing? - i heard that it shall be there and then?

Also heard that they will not allow entry if you have traved to certain country's (stamped on passport) prior to entry ti Isreal - Jeruslam?

We are planning to go to Amman in Feburary and would love to travel across to Jerusalam and see the sites, so want to get any things sorted out prior to making the commitment.

any suggestions and advise welcomed and appreciated

Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Closing times

I check the times and they say they are opened as follows...

Hours of operation of the Terminal

Sunday to Thursday – 08:00 –24:00

Friday and Saturday – 08:00 – 15:00

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closing times

Thanks a lot, Just one more questions (sorry for Hijacking this). If i have a stamp on my passport from Pakistan (holiday around 2009) will that cause any problems on entry to Jerusalm?

Cheers,

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,092 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closing times

You will have few questions to answer.Give then the reason you went to Pakistan,where you went and you will be OK

cheers

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Closing times

Cheers for that, thats put my mind at rest i guess..

8. Re: Closing times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 21, 2013