We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good idea to stay at Movenpick Dead Sea for 4 nights?

Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good idea to stay at Movenpick Dead Sea for 4 nights?

Hi, we are planning to stay at Movenpick Dead sea for 4 nights and want to visit nearby places like Petra on day trips. Is this a good idea?

What are the must see nearby places? and how much would it cost to travel from Movenpick Dead Sea?

Basically, we are looking for a relaxing holiday and just want to visit nearby must see sites.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good idea to stay at Movenpick Dead Sea for 4 nights?

Hello,

you can spend your holiday in various hotels for example Movinpick in Dead Sea and Monvinpick in Petra by arranging an itinerary just to avoid going and returning to the hotel in Dead Sea.

The drive from Dead Sea to Petra takes 70- 75 JD by car .

You can visit the Bethany site near Dead Sea. You can visit Madaba and mount Nebo before going to Petra. After you visit Petra don't miss Wadi Rum.

of course you have to arrange your program on how to make one day tour for each sight.

Petra
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good idea to stay at Movenpick Dead Sea for 4 nights?

Madaba, Mount Nebo, Bethany Baptism Site, Dead Sea Panorama and Wadi Mujib are close to the Dead Sea. Amman, Jerash and Ajloun are also possible as a day trip from the Dead Sea but Petra is at least 3,5 hours driving so it would be a very very long day if you want to do it as a day trip. It's much better to book 1 or 2 nights at the Movenpick Petra, it's right next to the entrance of the old city.

Wadi Rum is absolutely amazing but I don't think you can squeeze that in since your stay is so short. Enjoy your stay !

Patricia

3. Re: Good idea to stay at Movenpick Dead Sea for 4 nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:08 pm, September 13, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good idea to stay at Movenpick Dead Sea for 4 nights?

Hi,

I would split my time - stay at the Dead Sea & also at Petra. Just get a driver to take you to Petra. The hotel will organize it for you.

2 days - Dead Sea / 2 days - Petra.

We also stayed at the Movenpick Hotel in Petra. For additional info -

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i12010-Trip_Rep…

AlohaBoston
Level Contributor
6 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good idea to stay at Movenpick Dead Sea for 4 nights?

We just drove from Petra (Movenpick) up to Dead Sea (Marriott) in April ...and agree that the distance doesn't make a full day at Petra practical. Driving is very easy and straightforward around Jordan (other than the traffic circles in Amman) ...we rented for the entire week. We put the Dead Sea at the end of our trip to enjoy the resort (which was great) and recover from trekking at Petra and Wadi Rum. Enjoy!!

Amman, Jordan
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Good idea to stay at Movenpick Dead Sea for 4 nights?

how many day you are going to stay in jordan you can make your journey in a good way if you choose the places that you care about it

New York
Level Contributor
62 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good idea to stay at Movenpick Dead Sea for 4 nights?

I would also advise you to rent a car and drive yourself. Hire a driver with a car is very expensive in Jordan. Meantime, driving in Jordan is easy, roads are straightforward and relatively safe. Rent a car from the website like Expedia and etc. Movenpick rental desk prices are outrageous. There is nothing to do in Petra at nights, therefore, day trip back and forth is a good idea. One way will take 3 hours. Hit the road in the morning and come back by the evening. Driving from Movenpick one way to Baptism Site - 15 min; to Mount Nebo/Madaba Museums - 25 min, Jerash/Ajloun - 1.5 hours; Roman Theater/Citadel in Amman - 40 min.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good idea to stay at Movenpick Dead Sea for 4 nights?

I suggest 2 days in dead sea and 3 days petra if you can manage it. Spend time hiking different routes in petra if you are up to the physical challenge, because there is a lot to see at the site.

I looked at rooms at both Marriott and Movenpick at dead sea. I find the staff in Marriott dead sea more welcoming than the staff at Movenpick, and value for money is better at Marriott considering room qualities. The beaches of the two hotels are right next to each other. At Marriott you are getting the same beach property with better room quality and servce at a lower price.

Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good idea to stay at Movenpick Dead Sea for 4 nights?

Dear All - Many thanks for all the inputs. We have postponed the trip for later this year. Your inputs have been extremely useful and will help us plan our trip better. With renewed thanks...Wish you all the very best!

10. Re: Good idea to stay at Movenpick Dead Sea for 4 nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, June 22, 2013