We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Guide/Driver in Jordan - Wa'el Salih

Which Amman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Teignmouth, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Tourist Guide/Driver in Jordan - Wa'el Salih

I have just returned from a trip around the Middle East with my wife and another couple. After arriving in Amman off of the bus from Syria, we were met by a throng of shouting and fighting taxi drivers. Somehow we ended up being taken away from the crowds by a chap called Wa'el Salih. Little did we know how lucky we were. Wa'el is a fantastic driver and guide. To say nothing is too much trouble is an understatement. He genuinely cared for us, he frequently went out of his way to save us money or get us a better deal. He knows Jordan like the back of his hand. We were somewhat unwell upon arrival in Amman having eaten something dodgy in Syria, and Wa'el managed to get us to the right place for some medical advice with no hesitation. He later took the decision we needed further help and took us to a hospital that he knew would be a good standard and free. He wasn't interested in the money, just that we were happy. After leaving him following three days of touring Jordan he sent several texts (at his own great expense) to our UK mobiles to make sure we were still ok. I am still amazed that he was so genuine, and feel very guilty for ever thinking he must be too good to be true. He is a man who keeps his word, and won't cost you a penny more than he quotes. You can contact Wa'el by email waelsalihtours@yahoo.com or on his mobiles 0096279666834 or 00962777825653 he also has a mini website at www.myspace.com/waelsalihtours. He speaks very good English, and his driving is excellent. I would not hesitate to use him again should I return to Jordan.

Oslo, Norway
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Guide/Driver in Jordan - Wa'el Salih

I was in Jordan from the 2nd of November and travelled around with Wael for 3 days and 2 nights. He is an incredible person and guide and takes very good care of you. We went to Wadi Rum, Petra, Wadi Mujib and the Dead Sea and all around he knew the nicest places and hidden spots. He is without a doubt the BEST GUIDE in Jordan and I very much recommend him to anyone who is travelling to Jordan, Syria or Egypt! He is very easily reached via email: waelsalihtours@yahoo.com

For more information you can check out his myspace site: www.myspace.com/waelsalihtours

I wish him the very best in the future and as my friend he is always welcomed to visit Sweden.

Cecilia (I was a female solo traveller 22 years old).

2. Re: Tourist Guide/Driver in Jordan - Wa'el Salih

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:06 pm, August 23, 2011
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist Guide/Driver in Jordan - Wa'el Salih

Hello Wa´el,

we are four friends (guys) stopping in Acqaba for two days (November 10 and 11) during a cruise, we´d like to visit Petra, go a forth in the same day and the option of pernocting in the nearby village if recommended.

We can consider to take a shared or an exclusive private service for our tour.

I´d like to know about the options, your kindly suggestions and fees for your service.

Cordially yours, Norberto

norberto.anaut@teamq.com / August 22nd - 2011

4. Re: Tourist Guide/Driver in Jordan - Wa'el Salih

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, October 05, 2012